Mastodon Mastodon

Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Story of Lori

Started by Lori Dee, February 23, 2024, 09:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan_Rose and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

ChrissyRyan

I wonder if many people think that politicians say what they they voters want to hear so they can get elected (to paraphrase Bernie Sanders recently said of one candidate) then after they get elected their main focus is to become reelected.

What about their responsibilities of serving the public?  Is not that why they got elected?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Lori Dee

From my own personal experience, they will say anything to get into office. Once there, all they care about is staying there.

I supposedly have a City Council member, a Mayor, a County Commissioner, a Governor, ONE Representative in Congress, and two Senators elected to represent me. The only time they have ever contacted me was to ask for money and ask for votes. Never once did they ever ask what they could do for me. I have had a few letter-writing battles where I questioned their proposals as unconstitutional. They responded with BS, so I challenged them to a public debate on the issue. No one has accepted.
:icon_suspicious:
My Life is Based on a True Story

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I wonder how many we send to Washington come out very rich, they cannot have done that easily on their own salaries.  Maybe they could if there for a long time or were already rich.

They seem to have a really good retirement plan and health care plan.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •