Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Story of Lori

Started by LoriDee, February 23, 2024, 09:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

LoriDee

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 29, 2024, 04:22:09 PMDo the finishes called polished, matte, and leather apply to the rock work you do?

Chrissy,

Not exactly. The harder rocks like agates and jaspers will get nice and shiny. The softer ones like Fuchsite are too porous so they get smooth but not really shiny. The problem is that softer rocks have to be tumbled with care because they get worn down pretty quickly and can break apart. So they don't get as long of a cycle in the tumbler.

I have some "exotics" that I will be tumbling soon. Amethyst is a hard stone, but like quartz, it can fracture and bruise easily. So they need special care too. I have some jade, amethyst, tiger eye, amazonite, and quartz ready to start next week. I have to add "padding" in the form of small stones so they don't crash into each other as they tumble. I am anxious to see how they come out.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: LoriDee on April 29, 2024, 04:34:19 PMChrissy,

Not exactly. The harder rocks like agates and jaspers will get nice and shiny. The softer ones like Fuchsite are too porous so they get smooth but not really shiny. The problem is that softer rocks have to be tumbled with care because they get worn down pretty quickly and can break apart. So they don't get as long of a cycle in the tumbler.

I have some "exotics" that I will be tumbling soon. Amethyst is a hard stone, but like quartz, it can fracture and bruise easily. So they need special care too. I have some jade, amethyst, tiger eye, amazonite, and quartz ready to start next week. I have to add "padding" in the form of small stones so they don't crash into each other as they tumble. I am anxious to see how they come out.

Lori,

That is interesting.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

LoriDee

Affirmations. Sometimes the simplest thing can make my day.

I remember when I was just beginning to develop, the first time I felt a jiggle when I walked. Or the touch of my breast on the inside of my arm while washing dishes. Little things that made me smile.

Now it is four years later and my dysphoria still kicks in whenever I need to leave my apartment. Today was no different. I needed to run to Wally World to do some grocery shopping. I hate that place so I want to get in and out as quickly as possible.

I am expecting a package to arrive containing new mascara and eyeliner that I want to try. I didn't want to put on makeup to go to Walmart and then need to wash it all off when I got home to try the new stuff. I just put on a very light touch of lipstick and skipped everything else.

Over the past month, I have lost ten pounds thanks to eating better and going for short walks several times a day. The best part is they didn't come from my top (as usual) but from my belly. Yesterday, on one of my walks I felt my breasts bouncing. (Definitely some development happening now with the new patches.) I always weigh and measure myself on the first of each month and I was happy to see these results. That means I could wear a tighter-fitting T-shirt with my jeans and worry less about it showing my belly fat. I threw on my pink stocking cap and off I went.

Dysphoria: "Are you sure about that?"

Me: "It's only Walmart. No one is going to look at me. They are too busy blocking the aisles and chatting with their neighbor."

Dysphoria: "Are you sure about that? Really, really sure about that?"

In Walmart, the men were very polite getting out of my way and saying, "Excuse me, Miss." And the women were more friendly, even saying "hello" which seldom happens.

So what is different today from any other day? I wasn't all dolled up, wearing the same clothes and carrying the same purse I always do. Boobs visible and a touch of lipstick were all it takes to pass?

I'll take it as a win! Told my dysphoria to take a day off. I'm enjoying this.  :)

Maid Marion

Hi LoriDee,

I also went to Walmart today, as well as two grocery stores.
Yes, people are very nice.
I wore a pink jacket and my new flannel lined jeans, as it can be really cold inside the grocery stores.
Wore my 2 inch heel booties and carried my phone in a tiny black bag.
Forgot to put on lipstick but got everything I wanted to buy!

Marion
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Northern Star Girl

@LoriDee     
Dear LoriDee:

Your summary of your "Affirmations" posting was right on.

Usually it is easier to pass if one is wearing casual clothing,
wearing a minimal amount of  makeup and nail polish...
appropriate shoes (even sneakers with pink highlights) and accessories,
purse ... and wearing curve hugging jeans and a fitted top,
and obvious, "boobage" showing (but not over-the-top)
          AND, very importantly
having the self-confidence and self-acceptance to be seen.

Thank you LoriDee for posting and sharing.

HUGS, Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org

Sarah B

Hi Lori

It's so good to hear that your trip to Walmart was an enjoyable one.  I agree with what Danielle said 110% and that was:

Quote from: Northern Star Girl on Today at 02:20:11 PMUsually it is easier to pass if one is wearing casual clothing,
wearing a minimal amount of  makeup and nail polish...
appropriate shoes (even sneakers with pink highlights) and accessories,
purse ... and wearing curve hugging jeans and a fitted top,
and obvious, "boobage" showing (but not over-the-top)
          AND, very importantly
having the self-confidence and self-acceptance to be seen.

In addition just be yourself.  Your trip to Walmart is just one of many more to come the epitome of living the life that was denied you for all those years.

Take care and I know you will have many more wonderful days like this.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

Northern Star Girl

I think it is best to attempt to fit in with how other women
appear in whatever setting you find yourself in and NOT standing out
with skin bearing flashy clothing and overdone makeup and appearance.

Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org

LoriDee

Quote from: Northern Star Girl on Today at 03:49:28 PMI think it is best to attempt to fit in with how other women
appear in whatever setting you find yourself in and NOT standing out
with skin-bearing flashy clothing and overdone makeup and appearance.

Danielle

Exactly this.

I see so many of us with dresses and makeup way over the top. Formal gowns are for formal events, not business meetings or reading stories to kids at the library. If you want to be accepted as a woman then look and act like a woman. Even cis-gendered women don't approve of what you are describing. In my day, they would call them floozies and look down their noses at them.

You can't be a target if you can blend in undetected, what we call "passing".

Oldandcreaky

Having lived for nearly 40 years as a woman, I only apply a touch of eyeliner when dining someone fancy or attending a party. And I brush my hair too for special events.

"You look so nice," people will say because when you're so rough and ready like me, the slightest improvement impresses.

Danielle, you offer great advice.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee