Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Back at last

Started by TwilightSophie, March 03, 2024, 04:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwilightSophie

Hi there!

I made an account here some 10+ years ago, under a different name. Back then I wasn't really sure of my feelings. I had a couple of moments in the intervening years, bought some clothes, had to get rid of them, and spoke in IRC once or twice. While nothing came of it, I kind of knew there was a very high chance I would snap eventually.

This time was different. I really feel it so strongly. I'm as certain as I can be that I'm a woman now, and I'm ready to begin that journey. Waiting on clinics to get back to me now.

I came out to my friends, and my brother. Been myself around them both now. My friends have been amazing (some of them are trans and helped me very directly), and it's a great feeling being a sister at last!

Since coming to terms with it, I've realized so many things about myself. In hindsight it really goes back into my childhood. Without being all that feminine, I had a real fear that people would think of me that way. Why? I was hiding. Hiding something I wasn't sure of. Now I know what it was.

I haven't told my parents yet, planning to soon. It's not an ideal thing to do, I still live with them at nearly 30, but if push comes to shove I could find a way to support myself. This is my life, I want to live it as the girl I want to be, and I won't let anyone stop me. They've been supportive of most other things, I hope they will take this well.

Anyway, It's good to be back, and not needing to hide myself (as much) any more.

LoriDee

Hello TwilightSophie,

I'm Lori Dee. Welcome to Susan's Place!

I am glad you made it back, and that you are coming to terms with your real self. So many of us have been down that road. You might want to check out some member blogs. You might even recognize some names. A lot has happened in the past ten years. Most recently, a server crash resulted in many old accounts being deleted, so some stories had to be reconstructed.

The site layout has changed too. I am putting some links at the bottom of this welcome message to help you find your way around again. Lots of important stuff in there.

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments. We all come from different backgrounds and represent a wide range of experiences. No matter who you may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place. We would like to get to know you. We will be watching for your contribution and looking forward to reading about your experiences.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information that will help you navigate the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile. Until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me at  LoriDee605@outlook.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
~ Lori Dee

Helpful links to information that you should read
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2024 - Voice Training

tgirlamg

Welcome Aboard Sister!

Amazing discoveries have been patiently awaiting you to be ready to seek them out!
Enjoy every step along your path!

Onward We Go Brave Sister!

Ashley 😀💕🌻

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Colorado Girl

Welcome and a big hug from Colorado, Sophie! I haven't been here long - but long enough to know that this is the friendliest and most welcome forum you could ever hope for! I'm so happy for you that you're on YOUR path for life and that you've already discovered a measure of peace in beginning the journey. Again, welcome new sister!
  •  

imallie

Welcome TwilightSophie!

So great that you already have your brother and your friends on your "team"... and now you've got a whole community here at Susan's at the ready to join up as well.

Good luck with everything going forward, and just know that there are a lot of people here willing to listen, offer support, advice, or just make you smile when you need it!

Love,
Allie
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Sophie

My name is Sarah B and I would like to say, Welcome you to Susan's Place!

We strive to make this a safe place for you and everyone to find information and to share your thoughts and comments regarding your journey.

Quote from: TwilightSophie on March 03, 2024, 04:30:07 PMHi there!

I made an account here some 10+ years ago, under a different name. Back then I wasn't really sure of my feelings. I had a couple of moments in the intervening years, bought some clothes, had to get rid of them, and spoke in IRC once or twice. While nothing came of it, I kind of knew there was a very high chance I would snap eventually.

I came to Susan's after being in the woodwork for over 20 years, I made an account, and after 2 years, I moved on and it's only recently that I have come back to Susan's to do some research and currently I'm helping out.

I brought my clothes over a period of 10 years and I never got rid of them as they helped me in changing my life around.  Why did you get rid of them?  It looks like you have an inner sense of what will happen and what you want, without realizing it.  I have a similar outlook as well and I never questioned myself, in wanting to be a female.  I never faltered in what I did and hence the chance of me snapping did not cross my mind.

Quote from: TwilightSophie on March 03, 2024, 04:30:07 PMThis time was different. I really feel it so strongly. I'm as certain as I can be that I'm a woman now, and I'm ready to begin that journey. Waiting on clinics to get back to me now.

The years 1987 and 1988, like you, really started to get stronger and stronger, that constant longing and wanting to a female and I turned my life around in 1989 and I have never looked back.  I never had help, however you do, so please ask and anyone around who can, will help you if they can.  There is a term called 'Informed Consent', so please keep this in mind and if you do you will be able to begin your journey with a sound footing.

Quote from: TwilightSophie on March 03, 2024, 04:30:07 PMI came out to my friends, and my brother. Been myself around them both now. My friends have been amazing (some of them are trans and helped me very directly), and it's a great feeling being a sister at last!

I never came out and I still never come out to anyone.  My family knows and it was my uncle who knew about me told my mum and Chinese Whispers ensued.  I'm lucky, very lucky that my family loves me unconditionally and I'm happy with that.  It's good to hear that you have friends who accept you for who you are. Go sister!

Quote from: TwilightSophie on March 03, 2024, 04:30:07 PMSince coming to terms with it, I've realized so many things about myself. In hindsight it really goes back into my childhood. Without being all that feminine, I had a real fear that people would think of me that way. Why? I was hiding. Hiding something I wasn't sure of. Now I know what it was.
I knew of several incidents as a child, that I wanted or longed, to be a girl and yet I had an innate sense that I had to keep my thoughts to myself, so yes I was hiding just like you.  In those days, it was not safe to be out.  I learnt when I joined Susan's that I was always a female.  I was so naive at that time at least you have learned earlier on that you are female.

Quote from: TwilightSophie on March 03, 2024, 04:30:07 PMI haven't told my parents yet, planning to soon. It's not an ideal thing to do, I still live with them at nearly 30, but if push comes to shove I could find a way to support myself. This is my life, I want to live it as the girl I want to be, and I won't let anyone stop me. They've been supportive of most other things, I hope they will take this well.

I live with my mum basically until I was 30 and I never told her about me, as I said my uncle told my mum after I left my family and friends.  When I did catch up with my mum 3 years after my surgery and when she saw me she said, "I missed you so much".  I will always love her for that.

In a sense without thinking about it, I did not want anyone in my family from stopping me from doing what I want, especially my surgery.  I moved 4,000km away so they were unable to stop me anyway.  My uncle wanted to be there and circumstances prevented him and me, from being there at my surgery.  So always have a backup plan no matter what you do and be able to move out if things go south.  I hope your parents support you in your journey.  Some how in a round about way bring the subject of 'transgender' up and see what their reaction is.  Then you will be able to plan accordingly.

Quote from: TwilightSophie on March 03, 2024, 04:30:07 PMAnyway, It's good to be back, and not needing to hide myself (as much) any more.

I know also it's good to be back as well as I'm learning new things here at Susan's and this is the only place where I can talk about my 'condition'.  There are a few family members who do know the full story of me.  I always say to them in that case, that they can ask me any question about what I did in relation to how I changed my life around.

Take care, look after yourself and I hope to see you again and I will certainly appreciate listening to stories about yourself and your journey.

Best Wishes and Hugs
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story