Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

what is required

Started by The Middle Way, July 24, 2007, 06:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Middle Way

To distinguish between a philosophical discussion and say a kaffe klatsch or a town hall meeting?

Does the term philosophy at all have a connotation of backing up an argument with logic, or at least having considered the question with some degree of gravity?

Is it merely a forum to make a scatter-shot observation or express a personal view?

If you see the indication on a forum *guidelines*: 'critical thinking is required!', is this just funny stuff, or do these words mean more or less what they say?

???

I mean, I expect this in a forum marked 'politics', it tends to come with the territory. But 'philosophy' has another connotation, I think.
  •  

TheBattler

I so Agree None of the Above.

I almost deleted my comments in that forums because of the trash arround it. For such a heartfelt moment in my life I was not happy to look at the forum and see what was in it. I would say "Get rid of it" if it continues on it's current path.

Alice
  •  

tinkerbell

I believe that the guidelines are in the philosophy forum.  However, we should also remember to follow the site rules when posting.

SITE RULES

Just in case there is any confusion,  "Critical Thinking" does not mean breaking any of these site rules:

Quote from: Site Rules2. Any attempts to stage protests, dispute the site policy, the TOS/rules, or actions of the staff; in the public areas of this site will not be tolerated and will result in your removal. If you have issues I suggest you contact susan@susans.org and not bring your issues into the public spaces on this website. For the proper way to raise issues see term #20 below.

10. Bashing or flaming of any individual is not acceptable behavior on this web site and will not be tolerated in the slightest for any reason.

11. Foul or obscene language, and/or subjects belongs on the street. Please do not bring it on to my site, my chat or my forums.

15. You may challenge the issue, but never the person.

20. The staff of this site exist solely to enforce the TOS and rules of this web site. If you disagree with their actions or in regards to a specific situation feel free to contact Susan at her email address susan@susans.org with the details of the situation. She will review your complaint and take any corrective action that may be required by the situation. All user complaints and issues are taken seriously and investigated thoroughly.

The terms of service can be modified at any time and are effective without further notification required. If you do not wish to accept these terms you are encouraged to find another web site more to your liking.

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

The Middle Way

You win, I quit

Note to the rest of the forum

I am out of here.

You've been swell

Bye.

None of the Above
  •