Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Roll Call

Started by Northern Star Girl, February 29, 2024, 10:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

A BIG salute to each of you veterans.  And to all vets, transgender or not, a BIG salute for your service.  Thank you.

Christine
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Northern Star Girl

@LoriDee
Dear LoriDee:
Thank you so much for sharing your pictures from your US ARMY service. 
Looks like you were having lots of "fun"...  Yes, can get mighty cold
in Germany in the winter, perhaps not quite as bone chilling as where
I live in Alaska.

Once again, I will THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

Danielle  [Northern Star Girl]
                      US AirForce Veteran... served right after college.
                                    1st Lt   First Lieutenant
                      Much of that time at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas
                      staff at the Air Education and Training Command

Quote from: LoriDee on April 09, 2024, 09:29:42 PM
Since we are sharing pictures of toys we used to play with, I'll contribute a few:

I had just been assigned to the commander's tank as the gunner. We named the tank "Charlie's Angel". We were in Charlie Company and the commander's tank crew can do no wrong.  ;D

This was taken during the REFORGER war games in Germany in 1984. That was the coldest winter I ever experienced. I got frostbite on my face and I think it took years for me to shake the chill.

This was an annual ARTEP evaluation war game in Hohenfels, Germany. The fog was so thick that hiding tanks was fairly easy. You can see a tank behind the ruins and an Armored Personnel Carrier to the left of it. There are three more tanks in this picture hidden in the fog.

I loved my job!

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

ChrissyRyan

I notice so many dials and things on the cockpit instrument panels.
So complex!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Robbyv213

I'm New here. I served in the Marines from 2005-2014. 1/1 bravo Co. Just trying to discover and explore this side of myself that I've been suppressing my entire life. Of course the timing can't be worse.

LoriDee

@ Robbyv213

Hello Robby,

I'm Lori Dee. Welcome to Susan's Place!

Thank you for your service. We have a lot of veterans here, myself included. You have come to the right place to get information and figure out what path you wish to take. Since this is your first post, allow me to provide some important links to informative posts. Please pay attention to those in red.

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments. We all come from different backgrounds and represent a wide range of experiences. No matter who you may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place.

We would like to get to know you. Once you feel comfortable here, please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum and introduce yourself and tell us something about you.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information that will help you navigate the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile. Until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me at  LoriDee605@outlook.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!

~ Lori Dee

Helpful links to information that you should read

@Sarah B
@Northern Star Girl

My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Robbyv213 on April 12, 2024, 03:20:14 PMI'm New here. I served in the Marines from 2005-2014. 1/1 bravo Co. Just trying to discover and explore this side of myself that I've been suppressing my entire life. Of course the timing can't be worse.
@Robbyv213
Dear Robby:

Thank you for joining as a member of Susan's Place and the Forum...  I see that you were warmly and officially greeted
by our lovely Official Greeter @LoriDee
Be certain to look over the information and important Links that she provided for you. 
Lots of answers there to questions that many new members ask...
...and also be certain to click the INTRODUCTIONS LINK that she gave to you so that you
can briefly tell all of our members about your arrival on the Forum.

I really appreciate that for your very first posting here that you found you way to the Military Veterans Confab
and the Roll Call thread. 
Your military service is very much appreciated. 
Here you will find that many Forum members that have been in or are now serving in the military.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE and for YOUR willingness to serve.

Danielle  [Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
                      US AirForce Veteran... served right after college.
                                    1st Lt   First Lieutenant
                      Much of that time at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas
                      staff at the Air Education and Training Command
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Sarah B

Hello Robby

My name is Sarah B   and I would also like to formally, Welcome you to Susan's Place!

A journey begins with one small step and you have taken that first step.  I see that my fellow greeter Lori has already opened her arms with a warm message.  She has already mentioned that she is a veteran and her story is really worth reading and with a little prodding from me, I suggest you read her story.  I also have a story and they are completely different, but there are similarities.

I'm aware of whats going on in America and UK, I live downunder (Australia) and the issues need to be fought with all our resilience and determination.

When you feel comfortable here on Susan's, it would be appreciated if you add a little bit more about yourself in the Introductions Forums.  I see that Lori has provided a link for you to go to.  I would appreciate it very much if you do so as, I'm always interested in learning something new from new members.

In addition members of Susan's will more than likely will discuss problems or issues that are similar to yours as most of us have experienced these as well.

I was never in the 'services' and I would like to take this opportunity to say;  "Thank you for your Service".  If it was not for people like you and others, we would not have the life we have now.

Take care and I hope you find what you are looking for. Once again welcome to Susan's.

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
Sarah B
Offical Greeter
@LoriDee
@Robbyv213
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

KathyLauren

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 09, 2024, 11:20:53 PMI notice so many dials and things on the cockpit instrument panels.
So complex!

Chrissy

Yes.  Nowadays, they call the look of traditional instruments "steam gauges" (as in steam punk), in comparison to the modern video screens.  The Snowbirds team, who still fly the Tutor jet I posted the pictures of, are getting a new instrument panel that consists of three screens.  I'd be lost.  Give me steam gauges any day!

We had a week to learn them all at the beginning of our training. 
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate