Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Donating clothing and other feminizing essentials?

Started by Colorado Girl, March 09, 2024, 08:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado Girl

I have a couple of items (very good quality with one of the items being absolutely new and unused) that I would be happy to give to a good home, only asking for the cost of postage to do so. It is permissible to make posts like this?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Sarah B

Hi Colorado Girl

You said:

Quote from: Colorado Girl on March 09, 2024, 08:26:51 AMI have a couple of items (very good quality with one of the items being absolutely new and unused) that I would be happy to give to a good home, only asking for the cost of postage to do so. It is permissible to make posts like this?

I see no problem, there is no rule against doing so, you can check the TOS.

You should be aware others may not want to give out personal information and such information should not be made public, Private Messages would solve this problem here.

I would think it would be easier to donate the items to a local Opportunity Shop.

How are you going Colorado Girl?  I hope all is well.

Best Wishes and Hugs
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

Jessica_Rose

As long as you aren't trying to sell things, it's OK. We realize it can be difficult to find clothing that actually fits. We recommend keeping personal email and mailing addresses private. Only share them via private messages to those you trust.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Colorado Girl

Quote from: Sarah B on March 09, 2024, 08:47:09 AMHi Colorado Girl

You said:

I would think it would be easier to donate the items to a local Opportunity Shop.

How are you going Colorado Girl?  I hope all is well.

Best Wishes and Hugs
Sarah B

I agree it would be easier to donate locally, but just personally felt that it would be more satisfying to help out women that I'm becoming friends with here at Susan's.

To answer you question, I'm doing wonderfully and really appreciate your asking! I hope all is well with you, too!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B, LoriDee

Colorado Girl

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on March 09, 2024, 09:38:27 AMAs long as you aren't trying to sell things, it's OK. We realize it can be difficult to find clothing that actually fits. We recommend keeping personal email and mailing addresses private. Only share them via private messages to those you trust.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Absolutely agree on the PM approach. I'll post the unused clothing item first and see what happens!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

ChrissyRyan

Sometimes local transgender or LBGT+ groups take donations for their distribution / share days.  A not for profit thrift, or a homeless mission is also a good way to donate your items.  Women's shelters too.

There are for profit thrift stores but I do not donate to them.  I suppose if you had valuable stuff a consignment store may be an option to sell those items.

Take care to ensure your privacy regardless how you donate your items.

It is good though to donate your unneeded items.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette.