Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What size purse do you carry?

Started by Paulie, March 10, 2024, 01:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulie

What size purse do you carry?

Do you have one size you favor or do you switch around a lot? 

Do you carry a coin purse inside your regular purse?

I'm new to carrying one and I find it a little hard to find things in it at times.  Even though it's not a very large one.

Paulie.
  •  

davina61

What you call a purse in the UK we call a handbag, a purse is what you keep your money and cards in. I have a fav light brown one I use all the time, I would call it medium but it has lots of zipped pockets on the outside as well as compartments inside. One fits my phone spot on ,make up mirror in one and lippy in another. Fold down umbrella in the outside rear one and my keys go in a front one. When I go to my workshop I have a large black leather bag with room for my lunch box and it will take my small flask, used it for work every day for years.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jenn104

A medium size shoulder bag is my go to for the office and every day. I have a few I rotate through.

I use a cross body that is just a little too small for evenings out, trips to the city, and times when I don't want to lug a bigger bag around.

"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

Colorado Girl

I have a couple, but a medium-size cross body is pretty much my go-to for everyday. I also carry a "womans" wallet. Just a quick FYI...there are a LOT of very affordable, gently used (or in some cases, NEVER used) high quality, brand name purses / handbags to be found on local social media sites like Craigslist, Nextdoor, etc. I look at these sites regularly for great deals.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Medium sized for everyday use. 

However, I have a leather tote that could be used for a really big purse.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

LoriDee

Medium size. I found it online. The company is Elda. Very affordable. Not too big but with 10 pockets, zippered on the outside. Two zippered compartments inside. Room for wallet, glasses, make-up, etc. Two unzippered pockets outside fit a phone nicely. Faux leather with adjustable strap. Highly recommended!

My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

Maid Marion

A small little crossbody bag. 
I'm small and want something as a fashion accessory of the appropriate size.  ;D
  •  

Athena

I like medium crossbody bags.
Formally known as White Rabbit
  •  

Paulie

So, my handbag, as I've been corrected  ;) , is black microfiber, about 9.5" wide, 10.5" high and about 3" deep.  It looks similar to a Messager bag which is probably why my wife lets me carry it.  It has one thin zippered main compartment where I keep my purse.  It has 2 thin magnetic closure pockets on either side of the main.  It has another zippered pocket that hangs on the front that's not as wide as the main body but it's as thick as the rest of the handbag combined.  It's the place where keys, lip balm, ear buds, and any other larger items go. 

The thing I'm having trouble with is what to do with coins.  If I drop them in to any of the pockets, I have trouble fishing them out when I'm standing is the checkout line.  The purse that came with the handbag has one zipped compartment that fits bill well and it has some credit card slots inside.  With bills and receipts in it, I'd have trouble fishing out coins too.

I'm thinking a separate coin purse that would fit in the outer pocket and might be the solution, but it may be awkward fumbling with 2 purses.  On the other hand, it might be kind of hard to find a purse hold bills and coins that would still fit in the thin main compartment. 

For now, I've been carrying my coins in my pants pocket.  Someday I hope to be wearing skits and dresses out.  Some skirts and most dresses don't have pockets. 

Does anyone us a separate coin purse or is it better to have a combined purse? 

Paulie.
  •  

LoriDee

My wallet has a zippered pocket on the outside and another inside that I use for coins. It has two spaces for cash/receipts, and a space laid out for credit cards and photo ID. It might be a bit thicker than what you are looking for though. I got it dirt cheap online. It was part of a set: tote, handbag, purse, and wallet for something like $10. I didn't expect it last last, but it has held up nicely. It was a great investment.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: LoriDee on March 11, 2024, 09:27:44 AMMy wallet has a zippered pocket on the outside and another inside that I use for coins. It has two spaces for cash/receipts, and a space laid out for credit cards and photo ID. It might be a bit thicker than what you are looking for though. I got it dirt cheap online. It was part of a set: tote, handbag, purse, and wallet for something like $10. I didn't expect it last last, but it has held up nicely. It was a great investment.

I like the multiple departments and pockets. A problem sometimes comes about when I am unsure which compartment an item I am looking for is in.  Then I must look through all of them until I find it. Which means I tend to put really commonly used items, such as lip balm or lipstick, right at the bottom of the bag.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Today I was holding my handbag and it dawned on me that although my handbag is something I usually have, I have it as many other women do.  I put the bag on the counter and took out my purse and fanned through my card slot compartments to give the clerk a credit card.  All of this is nothing unusual but for a moment there I was in a mini awesome moment that informed myself that, yes Chrissy, you are doing exactly what other women do in this situation.

That has got to sound a little bit silly and inconsequential.  But it was a good passing moment in time.  Hard to explain I suppose.  It is not like the first time I did that. 

Chrissy
  •  

Oldandcreaky

When I need a "purse," I carry a wallet with a strap what I hang around my neck. Leather. At least a decade old. Maybe two decades.
  •  

Gina P

I have 2 that I use. One is brown and has many pockets for cosmetics, brush, and wallet. When I'm going to be doing a lot of walking I have a small black clutch that I put my wallet in and not much room for anything else. But much less to carry.
  •  

Jessica_K

I have a large green leather Kate Spade tote, with everything in inc an umbrella. Inside that I have a Kate Spade beautifully designed pink and light blue purse for cards and a zipped section for a few coins.

You may get the impression I like Kate Spade and you will be right.

Jessica
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•