Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Senkusha joins the party

Started by Senkusha, March 14, 2024, 07:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

Hi everybody!

I'm new to the site, but not new to life!  To start with, I'm 48 (physically), [probably like] 12 (emotionally), but sometimes I feel like I'm 80.  Most people call me Senkusha, a Japanese word that means pioneer, I've had this name since I started web foruming (is that even a word? It is now!) back in 2003.  I'm a fan of shoujo anime (women's style), and have run my own web forum since that time, taking a several year break as I dealt with a mid-life crisis.  My closest friends may call me Kaitlyn, or if that's too intimate, you may call me by my other, more recent screen name, Kokoro (another Japanese word that means [emotional] heart/soul, sometimes mind and body.

I've been transitioning since 2016, and have found great comfort in joining the more feminine roles within society.  I already loved cooking and keeping my home in order (still do), but I love being a geek girl too.  I'll write web scripts in PHP, at one point in time I learned some Java.  Back in high school, I drafted a large notebook full of TI-85/TI-89 graphing calculator programs.  Lately, my hobbies have increased to include 3D game design and character modeling.  I love creative writing!  I've authored several fan fiction in the realm of anime, specifically the titles of Ah! My Goddess, Tenchi Universe, and my current (ten year favorite) Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.  However, most recently, I've been working on my own story, which I haven't titled yet, but the main character is an uncouth covert-ops cat-girl from the future.

I would define my style as cute, or kawaii (another Japanese word meaning cute).  I feel most comfortable while wearing dresses, and I find the most confidence and happiness whenever I wear my hair in pigtails.  If I were to ever get on the CB radio again, I'd probably adopt the handle Pigtailed Princess or something.  Although sometimes I'll wear my hair in a simple high-ponytail with it held by a vibrantly colored Scrunchy.  My favorite color is carnation pink -- that like light, but bright color of pink, but I really like bold bright, pastel colors (if that makes any sense).

My other favorite hobby is role playing.  I love table top role playing games.  I'm not too big of a fan of Dungeons and Dragons, but I like ShadowRun, Big Eyes Small Mouth, and I'm looking to try FATE, GURPS, and Toon.  I mostly prefer science fiction or modern day themed settings.  I feel that fantasy is a bit overdone.  Oh, and I have also tinkered with building my own computer game using Unreal Engine, VRoid Studio and a bit of Blender 3D.

I'm sure there's a bunch that I'm forgetting, so please, ask questions!

Edit:  I did forget to mention that I'm a pretty open-minded gal.  As a quick history lesson, I grew up Catholic, converted to Wicca in 2013, and although I still honor much about Wicca, I think I'm more of a general spiritualist now.  Basically just treat everybody with love, kindness and acceptance.  Politically, I guess I'd be a member of the Green party.  (Massachusetts has a Green-Rainbow party, or had one).  I'm a huge fan of equality and balanced fairness (I am a Libra after all!)

Northern Star Girl

@Senkusha
Dear Kaitlyn:
I am so glad that we got together on the Susan's Place DISCORD site several
hours ago so that we could iron out your member registration issues. 

I am always happy to see new members come to Susan's Place and the Forum.

A BIG warm WELCOME to you !!!

I am looking forward to following your involvement here on the Forum as you
share your thoughts and comments on the various threads and topics around the site.
You certainly will find like-minded members here that you may become friends with.

Thank you for finding us and joining in on the fun here.

In a moment one of our Official Greeters will welcome you and give you
the important and informative rules and other details about the Forum.

Warmest Regards,
Danielle

[Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Sarah B

Hello Senkusha

My name is Sarah B and I would like to formally, Welcome you to Susan's Place!

I have just finished your reading your posts and I was wondering if Senkusha would do an introduction and the last one that you wrote was what I had hoped for.  An introduction worthy of writing.  We have so many things in common it's not funny.  However I will get around to replying to your introduction and other posts in a seperate post.

I like how you have embraced the names from the Japanese culture.  To me your name suggests that you are a strong person as well as a pioneer and your journey you will need to have that strength each day you take a step towards your dream.  Members of Susan's come from all over the world and we try to be understanding and considerate.

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments regarding your journey. Just about everyone here has been confused about their gender at some point in their lives. Some discover they are transgender and others realize they are non-binary, while others may feel they fit best somewhere else along the gender spectrum. No matter where that may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place.

I was going to say "stop by the Introductions Forum and introduce yourself".  However you have done such a wonderful job, you do not need to do that.  The story you have told was illuminating, by doing so, you enable other members of Susan's to come and share their stories with you.

In addition members of Susan's will more than likely will discuss problems or issues that are similar to yours as most of us have experienced these as well.  I would very much like to hear more about what you have done in your life and I would appreciate it very much if you do so, so that I can learn from you.  You can read about my story (still in progress)  in a link listed below my signature.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information which will help you navigate the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile, until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact, the Forum Admin Danielle Northern Star Girl alaskandanielle@yahoo.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
Sarah B
Offical Greeter

Things that you should read

Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

Colorado Girl

Hello Kaitlyn! Thank you for sharing a bit about yourself...it's wonderful to have a new sister with us!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Senkusha

Thank you!  I'll do my best!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee