Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Vivid Dreams

Started by Colorado Girl, March 16, 2024, 01:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado Girl

So, last night I had the most vivid dream about being with a man. Nothing X-rated...just some very sweet kissing and making out. I wondered if this dream was enhanced by the fairly recent flooding of female hormones, or just a manifestation of a lifetime of wondering what this would be like? Any thoughts? Have any of you experienced more vivid (erotic / semi-erotic) dreams near the time you began HRT (MTF or FTM)?
  •  

Jessica_K

Good question. I had not any dreams when I started HRT, occasional over the years had the odd dream, mainly just me living as a woman.

However, after starting progesterone, things have hotted up big time. Both during the day and in dreams, I have been thinking what it would be like to be with a man, and dreaming of being with one too.

It's increased my GD, the need to have surgery has became much greater now.

Hugs
Jessica
Xxx 
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

Senkusha

I had wicked bad nightmares when I first began Estrogen.  Of course, now that I'm off Estrogen, and when I eventually can afford it again, I'll probably have them again.

Yvanektara

Hormomal changes can indeed trigger such a dream. From a Freudian perspective, we desire to fulfill possibilities we don't currently realize in our lives whether it's water for the thirsty, desire for release for the captive, or love for the empty. It could also represent a mechanism to prepare you for the role manifested by those hormonal changes. From a Jungian perspective, I watch for evidences of possible shifts later in life in which an anima becomes animus or vice versa. But perhaps this matters less when such archetypes become swallowed up in the course of individuation when the focus late in life rests upon awareness of the Self.

But I would ask this because you labeled this as a "vivid" dream: were you aware in the dream that it was, in fact, a dream? The issue of lucidity comes into play because you wouldn't just have to ask the meaning of a dream or why it should occur at all. In a lucid dream, you must ask why you made the choices in the dream that you did, and those speak as loudly as the subject matter of the dream itself. In other words, if you were lucid while engaging the dream, did you stop at tender expressions of affection because the man in the dream desired to go further and you did not? If so, was it due to your own ethical sense or was it due to your understanding that to surrender to such affections in a lucid dream would compromise a necessary detatchment resulting in loss of lucidity?

It would be easy to see the effects of hormones in conjunction with your emotional disposition. Generally, we transition out of a desire to live and present authentically, but often, there's more to uncover. We often have latent desires that we may not have previously faced including those which could arise as a result of hormonal triggers. We cannot rule out this emotive issue because dreams develop accordingly. All dreams consist of a resorting of memory traces, each bearing an emotive tag from the limbic system. The hippocampus connects closely to the amygdala (fight or flight) and other structures involved in distribution and redistribution into the cingulate cortex. Memory traces with strong emotional tags will tend to get resorted a lot, and when the Preconscious picks up on them in ways we don't yet understand, they come across vividly, even in a nightmare. But any desire can carry emotional tags that we may never have previously realized. Was the desire for a man someting latently true for you? Only you can determine that.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I often have a dream where I was raised female and really enjoyed it all.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 19, 2024, 08:07:24 AMI often have a dream where I was raised female and really enjoyed it all.

Chrissy

I like having this recurring dream.  It seems that whenever I actually remember having this dream, I wake up refreshed.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Gina P

Since going on Progesterone the wild dreams have increased. Many of my friends also believe P is the dream maker. Many of these dreams I have are like full length movies. I wake and ask my self if that really happened or was it a dream?
  •  

LoriDee

I have been on P for a while now. It makes me dizzy sometimes, but always helps me sleep well. I wouldn't say the content of my dreams has changed, nor the frequency/intensity/lucidity. Everyone's body chemistry is a little different and maybe yours is just adapting? If it becomes disturbing, talk to your doctor about it. I suspect things will smooth out over time. I would love a full-length movie dream like that every once in a while.  ;D

My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

ChrissyRyan

Sometimes I dream that I am very pretty.  My sweetie, well she thinks I look attractive but she is my sweetie.  I look in the mirror and sometimes I see the past reflected.  At other times I see the woman I should have always been.

Chrissy
  •  

LoriDee

@ChrissyRyan

Dreams are the subconscious mind's way of purging thoughts that you do not need to worry about.
Ergo, you must be very pretty and do not need to concern yourself with whether you are or are not.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Hugs!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

Gina P

Quote from: LoriDee on March 30, 2024, 09:57:39 AMI have been on P for a while now. It makes me dizzy sometimes, but always helps me sleep well. I wouldn't say the content of my dreams has changed, nor the frequency/intensity/lucidity. Everyone's body chemistry is a little different and maybe yours is just adapting? If it becomes disturbing, talk to your doctor about it. I suspect things will smooth out over time. I would love a full-length movie dream like that every once in a while.  ;D

Perhaps P does help me sleep better and therefore get REM sleep. Not a bad thing.
  •