Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Face smoothing

Started by Tig58072, March 20, 2024, 08:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tig58072

Not surgery but I am thinking about going to a medical spa and getting my face and neck area smoother. I'm not sure what procedure to do or if they would be friendly to working with me.
Has anyone done this?
How did it work out for you?
How do I explain what I want done?
  •  

LoriDee

I have thought about the same thing. I think the procedure is microderm abrasion. The VA changed my dermatologist, so my appointment is not until May. I will be asking them about it. I have a lot of sun damage from growing up in the California desert, being the outdoorsy type, and military service. I have had seven skin cancers removed, so I am cautious about any procedures. I want to make my skin better not risk more damage.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

Tig58072

There is one called SkinTyte that uses infrared light. Supposedly this will give your skin a firmer appearance. I'm a little Leary of anything abrasive or chemical peel.
I live on a farm so have been outside or in a cab most of my life. But I have used sunblock on face and arms and lotion daily.
  •  

Lavern Torphy

The outcome of any procedure can vary from person to person, so it's important to have realistic expectations and understand any potential risks involved. If you're uncertain about a particular procedure, ask the professionals at the medical spa to explain it in more detail or consider seeking a second opinion.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

LoriDee

@Lavern Torphy

Hello Lavern,

I'm Lori Dee. Welcome to Susan's Place!

It looks like you are a new member here and this is your first post. Thank you for contributing to the discussion.

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments. We all come from different backgrounds and represent a wide range of experiences. No matter who you may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place.

We would like to get to know you. Once you feel comfortable here, please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum and introduce yourself and tell us something about you.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information that will help you navigate the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile. Until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me at  LoriDee605@outlook.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!

~ Lori Dee

Helpful links to information that you should read

@Sarah B
@Northern Star Girl

My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.