Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Swimming Suits

Started by Senkusha, March 21, 2024, 05:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

I'm somebody who is fairly self conscious about my looks in public, and as a result, I have yet to actually go anywhere that involves swimming, even in private.  I have yet to actually look for a swimming suit.  With the hot weather coming around the corner, I figured maybe I should start looking.

I've been eyeing some swimwear with the little skirts on it (I'm pre/no op ??) so this is something important for... modesty.  Have you experienced any issues with swimwear, swimming or just being... so exposed in public?  How do you handle it?  What coping techniques do you use?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Colorado Girl

This will be my first swim season with a woman's bathing suit...like you, I'm thinking of something along the lines of a cute tankini or other style which has a skirt attachment.
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

I went that route with a swim skirt and / or skirted one-pice swimsuit as well. It did work well hiding the part I didn't want to be seen. However, in the water the skirt rides or floats up a bit. It didn't reveal anything, but I didn't like it. And because most women opt for non-skirted swimwear, there was always the longing for 'normal' swimwear, the skirt felt like I wanted something to hide. I guess it was my impostor syndrome kicking in.

So last year I got a one-piece swimsuit and a retro style bikini and I wore them with an Unclockable Tuck Kit beneath and nothing showed at all.

You could also try to wear a good quality gaff under your swimwear to keep your front flat.

Hugs,

Heidemarie
  •  

Gina P

I went with a 1 piece skirt type bathing suit. Being an older girl and also pre op I felt this was the best choice. Most cis women I know my age wear this type to hide thier large thighs or to hide the stomach. Be warned though they don't slide of easy when wet.
  •  

Senkusha

Thank you for the wet tip!  That may have been an uncomfortable battle.
  •  

Paulie

Look for a pair of woman's Swim Shorts or Board Shorts. You can find some really cute ones with a 2-3 inch inseam that's easy to swim in.  Most have a draw string so they'll feel secure while in the water.  Since my bottom is not a large as most women's with the same size waist, they are just loose enough to be "modest" without being too baggy.  I do wear a tight fitting bikini bottom under it to keep things Simi-compressed. If someone's really looking for it, there still going to be little bump. But if they are looking that close, well that's their problem.  ;) 

It's not a bad look and sometimes you can find a matching top to go with it.  Something like this:
https://www.swimoutlet.com/products/body-glove-womens-blacks-beach-vapor-swim-short-8198584?color=true
https://www.swimoutlet.com/products/rip-curl-womens-3-classic-surf-boardshort-8199618?color=black

Swim Outlet has (or at least they did have) a great return polity.  I bought 10 pair one year and retuned the half that didn't fit right.

Warm Regards,
Paulie.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Faith

I started with a 2 piece. Skirted bottom and a top with a mesh that covered the belly. I went to the beach and pool a few times. Yes, the skirt floats  >:(

I could never wear a 1 piece. My brain immediately saw a 'professional' wrestler in their stretch tights  ..  ick!!

I rarely go to the beach or pool, that's my personal preference and nothing to do with being trans. When I do wear a swimsuit at home, grandkids and wading pools,slides,etc, I wear a bikini.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

LoriDee

"My brain immediately saw a 'professional' wrestler in their stretch tights  ..  ick!!"

I am with you on that. I don't swim in public pools. We had an indoor pool with a sauna and hot tub at my previous apartment. I lived there for 8 years and any time I considered getting in, the water was just nasty. All I could think of was that I would be stewing in human soup. Nope. Not happening.

To cool off I go sit in the creek. Cut-off jean shorts work perfectly. My dermatologist insists I wear a wide-brim hat and long sleeves. Then while I am cooling off, I figure I might as well do some gold panning while I'm here.  ;D
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

Maid Marion

It is hard for GGs to wear bikinis.
Taylor Swift took a long time to get to the point where she can wear tiny bikini!
She has always looked really good but the bad press got to her when she was younger.

I wear a big pink hat and sunscreen as I like to show a bit more skin than most.
I like to wear crop tops and short shorts when the weather warms up.
  •