Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Holyrood staff banned from wearing rainbow lanyard

Started by Jessica_Rose, March 22, 2024, 05:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Holyrood staff banned from wearing rainbow lanyard

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/holyrood-staff-banned-from-wearing-rainbow-lanyard/ar-BB1kiwuT?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=f283625176aa4afbb554a57987e452a5&ei=52

Story by David Wallace Lockhart (21 March 2024)

Scottish Parliament staff are no longer allowed to wear rainbow lanyards or pins - or other accessories that show support for social movements - at Holyrood.

All staff must now wear a generic purple lanyard.

Claire Baker, an MSP who sits on the Scottish Parliament's Corporate Body (SPCB), announced the changes in the Holyrood chamber earlier. A Scottish Parliament spokesperson said: "This decision will help minimise the risk of perceived bias."

The new policy will take effect immediately.

The Scottish Parliament issued an apology in November 2022 after a woman was ejected from a committee meeting for refusing to remove a scarf in suffragette colours.

An email has been sent to parliament staff saying "staff must wear a parliament-issued purple lanyard and remove pins and badges showing support for social movements and towards campaigns or organisations."

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Jessica_K

I have started wearing a rainbow badge on my Te2v lanyard. I am quite open that I am lesbian and support LGBTQ+ without giving away that I am also a trans woman.

Hugs
Jessica
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•