Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Have you been stared at?

Started by ChrissyRyan, March 24, 2024, 04:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Have you been stared at?  What I mean is not the quick checking out up and down by other women and some guys; but some really prolonged looks?

At times this has felt creepy.  Fortunately I do not recognize that I am being stared at much, probably because few people do.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

noleen111

yes, I have noticed guys checking me out, and it more than a quick look. I enjoy showing a bit of cleavage and i often get noticed.. Then they see my wedding ring and they move on.

Sometime teenagers stare a bit longer, my legs also get noticed. I also love showing off my legs.

I have never felt scared or threatened.

Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Only by the person in the mirror. Wondering 'who am I? What have I done? Why do people who don't know me, hate me? Will I ever truly feel free to be myself? Will I always see the ghost of who I used to be?'

Mirrors are evil, they only show you what you want to see.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Gina P

I get that sometimes. Not sure if they are clocking or trying to figure me out but who cares. If you like stare back and check them out or just look away.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I think I was looked at for a long time yesterday at a deli.  Maybe I should not have worn a smock top dress, perhaps that would have been more appropriate for a woman a little bit younger but it is so cute, with the colorful material gathered up above the waist in the front.  So I looked back and smiled.  She smiled back, and then I went back to eating my roast beef sandwich. I wish I looked as good as she.  We had a couple of more glances thereafter.  She had great looking hair.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Faith

both creepy and in passing.  My most recent was a Home Depot this past Saturday. With a few employee encounters of "my dear' and "ma'am" type stuff, one customer had to do the creepie droolie chest stare.  Ok, my bad, it was a form fitting thin top with no bra. It was my work clothes, give me a break!  :D
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

big kim

Most of my life. I was 6'3" at 15. Now at 6'1 &1/2" at 66 with long silver hair it still happens!
  •  

Maid Marion

Yes, I've had teenage boys stare at my legs while waiting for my hamburger to be cooked.

I think if you want to pass, you should quickly check out everyone, including guys, to assess if they are a threat or not.
I don't think women have the luxury of not doing that!
So it would be weird for woman to totally avoid making any eye contact, even for a moment.

Instead, I think you should quickly acknowledge someone's presence with incidental eye contact and move on.
  •  

Jenn104

I live in a tourist-y place. If I am on my way to yoga, my wig is off and I have on bright pink flip flops or slip on booties. I mean the wig is a distraction in class, the shoes make being barefoot for class easy.

Do I get double and triple takes? Yeah, I do.

I was perplexed at first. Lately, I've started either staring back or waving on the second look. It is annoying. Then again, that's why I get my yoga on every week.

~Jenn
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•