Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Help with my Synthetic hair

Started by Tig58072, March 25, 2024, 10:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tig58072

I need help with my Synthetic hair. I need to learn how to get the style to come out and maintain that as well. Some I need to go to a professional to have it fitted and trimmed properly but there is the day to day fixing on it.
I have a hot air brush coming and it's the same one I've watched sis gals use on their Synthetics. And also the proper hair spray and luster. But I need to learn how to do it.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

LoriDee

Be VERY careful with heat around synthetic hair. I used a "cool touch" curling iron and frazzled the wig. I pin the wig/topper to a cork wig head and spray it with water to make it damp. I use plastic curlers to get the style I want, then use a hair dryer on low heat to dry the hair from a short distance. Touch the hair to make certain it is not too hot. Allow it to cool completely before moving to the next spot. When I am getting ready to go, I do touch-ups with the same process... dampen, curl, dry, and spray just where needed. Sometimes the curl goes the wrong way and needs to be adjusted. The nice thing about synthetic is that once you have styled it, it tries to keep that style so only minor adjustments are needed for daily wear. Experiment with it. Have fun finding what you like.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

Tig58072

These are pre-styled but when you take them out of the box they are all matted and in some cases do need some trimming to fit and look like they are supposed to.
There is Coco's hair salon on YouTube, she tries on different ones and gets them adjusted right. She uses the hot air brush to style the bangs. She did say on low and never stop moving with it. She does it right on her own head. I'm just not getting the how to good enough.
A lot of this just goes back to just knowing how to fix up/style our own hair and we never learned how to do that.
  •  

LoriDee

I agree. It's like makeup. You just need to spend time doing it. Find what works for you. Then practice.

Hugs!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•