News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Future Me

Started by Sarah B, January 30, 2024, 06:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah B

Hello everyone,

My name is Sarah B, and with each thought, with each dream and with each deliberation, she becomes more victorious, they say "every journey begins with the first step" and with each small step, small, small steps, she alters herself with each passing day.

There are still many small steps to be taken and every day is new and every day brings new possibilities and one day she rose and shined through adversity, showing her beauty, her difference, her tenacity, she is fully alive and she thrives beyond her wildest dreams.

Long ago, she changed her life around, her memories, make her complete.  She does not know everything about herself.  She is comfortable with that as she moves forward trying to find out who she is, maybe she will find the person she's suppose to be.

Sometimes you are overwhelmed, she has great news for you, trust yourself and remember you are capable of so much more than you will ever realize, take the risks, you are afraid of taking, regardless of what happens, the most important thing to do is love yourself, for an amazing future is waiting for you.

As she takes those small steps Sarah B, become the future me.

Love and hugs to one and all.
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

Susan

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful reflections, Sarah. It's inspiring to hear how you are taking small steps to grow into the person you hope to become. Building self-love and embracing both your strengths and uncertainties takes courage. Your journey is unique to you -  continue nurturing your spirit and pursuing your dreams. There will always be more possibilities ahead if you keep an open and compassionate mindset. I wish you the very best as you move forward on this path of self-discovery. Keep shining!
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Sarah B on January 30, 2024, 06:58:44 PMHello everyone,

My name is Sarah B, and with each thought, with each dream and with each deliberation, she becomes more victorious, they say "every journey begins with the first step" and with each small step, small, small steps, she alters herself with each passing day.

There are still many small steps to be taken and every day is new and every day brings new possibilities and one day she rose and shined through adversity, showing her beauty, her difference, her tenacity, she is fully alive and she thrives beyond her wildest dreams.

Long ago, she changed her life around, her memories, make her complete.  She does not know everything about herself.  She is comfortable with that as she moves forward trying to find out who she is, maybe she will find the person she's suppose to be.

Sometimes you are overwhelmed, she has great news for you, trust yourself and remember you are capable of so much more than you will ever realize, take the risks, you are afraid of taking, regardless of what happens, the most important thing to do is love yourself, for an amazing future is waiting for you.

As she takes those small steps Sarah B, become the future me.

Love and hugs to one and all.
Sarah B

Sarah,

I wish each step you take is a good and rewarding one.  You may need to have a step back occasionally but then continue your forward progress.  Some steps are bigger than others.  Some steps are scary, or I should say they were scary to me.  But so far, each step has been meaningful to me.  May yours be too.

Take care,

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

SashaXtina

Thank you for sharing this ... and in the third person even!  ;D  I feel like it can be applied to so many of us on our journeys as we all take small steps forward in the right direction to become our true selves.

I remember when I first came out 21 years ago. It was mortifying but exhilarating. I absolutely sprinted headfirst into so many things — and encountered so many obstacles because of it. Once I started taking it one step at a time, slowly growing into myself, figuring out who I am and defining myself as time went by, determining my true circle of friends and chosen family, I became more and more comfortable and pleased with my own womanhood in general.

I read this post as a reminder to share with all the folks I know who are just starting their journeys. Please don't just dive head-first into the deep end of the pool! You've waited a long time already, so I know the urge is there, but please know you'll be happier in the long run if you take things step by step. Instead of diving in, wade in slowly and take your time. You have the rest of your life to do this! Self-discovery and self-actualization are journeys that are better depicted as marathons, rather than sprints. It's not a 100-meter dash and not everything needs to happen all at once!

Of course, the excitement that transpires after coming out encourages this "sprint-like" spirit (it certainly did for me at first, haha), but I always try to remind folks I know who are coming out that "You are you! You have always been who you are, despite not presenting yourself that way. You are loved and appreciated. Take your time as you learn more about yourself and as you unwrap the gift that is the 'new you' to the world. You are a flower who is blossoming, and flowers don't bloom overnight. And, quite importantly, you will always be loved. If not necessarily by the world, then by me and others who have shared similar journeys. Support and love is out there and you can always lean on me and others."

At any rate, this is how I approach things with those who are just coming out that I have the honor of knowing. My own transition didn't happen overnight; it took decades and involved much more than just a new wardrobe, some makeup, and HRT!

Thanks again for sharing this. My journey has always been an open book and I have always been happy to share it with others, especially those who don't understand but are trying! Much love and support to you! <3
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Sarah B

Hi everyone

I believe I have given the wrong impression and I'm sorry if that has occurred to you.  When I wrote Future Me, Sarah B's progress was extremely fast.  Which I will outline below.  The small steps I was referring to was the day to day, week to week and month to month steps, I did to achieve the final step and that was my surgery.

The following is a brief summary of what I did in two years to get my surgery.

•    Arrived in Sydney Feb 1989.
  •    Immediately I changed my name legally.
  •    I then changed my names on my legal documents as soon as possible.
  •    Within the first month I was on hormones.
  •    Within the first month I saw my first psychologist.
  •    Within the first 3 months I was working full time.
  •    In 1990 I saw my second psychologist and my first surgery letter.
  •    My second surgery letter came from my endocrinologist.
  •    My third surgery letter came from my first psychologist.
  •    Finally, in Feb 1991 I had my surgery, so that I could function as a female.

The whole journey really, only took me two years.  Again I apologize if you read the post wrong.

The small steps I take now are for Sarah B's Future.  As Susan said, "Sarah. It's inspiring to hear how you are taking small steps to grow into the person you hope to become.

Love and hugs to everyone
Sarah B
PS I really took Big Steps.
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

Sarah B

Hello Sasha

Quote from: SashaXtina on January 31, 2024, 08:10:14 PMThank you for sharing this ... and in the third person even!  ;D  I feel like it can be applied to so many of us on our journeys as we all take small steps forward in the right direction to become our true selves.

You are most welcome, it was my intention to reflect what others have done over a period of time and that is to take small steps and in addition I did it in 3rd person, you are very astute in this observation.  I have done a correction to clarify things.

Quote from: SashaXtina on January 31, 2024, 08:10:14 PMI remember when I first came out 21 years ago. It was mortifying but exhilarating. I absolutely sprinted headfirst into so many things — and encountered so many obstacles because of it. Once I started taking it one step at a time, slowly growing into myself, figuring out who I am and defining myself as time went by, determining my true circle of friends and chosen family, I became more and more comfortable and pleased with my own womanhood in general.

Well I bulldozed my way through the obstacle course and I figuratively smashed those obstacles until I got what I wanted.

Quote from: SashaXtina on January 31, 2024, 08:10:14 PMI read this post as a reminder to share with all the folks I know who are just starting their journeys. Please don't just dive head-first into the deep end of the pool! You've waited a long time already, so I know the urge is there, but please know you'll be happier in the long run if you take things step by step. Instead of diving in, wade in slowly and take your time. You have the rest of your life to do this! Self-discovery and self-actualization are journeys that are better depicted as marathons, rather than sprints. It's not a 100-meter dash and not everything needs to happen all at once!

I would have had my surgery the first day I arrived in Sydney if I could have. 
You are right, when I look back one could not really do every thing at once!  The steps in my correction post were reasonable.

Quote from: SashaXtina on January 31, 2024, 08:10:14 PMOf course, the excitement that transpires after coming out encourages this "sprint-like" spirit (it certainly did for me at first, haha), but I always try to remind folks I know who are coming out that "You are you! You have always been who you are, despite not presenting yourself that way. You are loved and appreciated. Take your time as you learn more about yourself and as you unwrap the gift that is the 'new you' to the world. You are a flower who is blossoming, and flowers don't bloom overnight. And, quite importantly, you will always be loved. If not necessarily by the world, then by me and others who have shared similar journeys. Support and love is out there and you can always lean on me and others."

Words of wisdom never truly spoken.

Quote from: SashaXtina on January 31, 2024, 08:10:14 PMAt any rate, this is how I approach things with those who are just coming out that I have the honor of knowing. My own transition didn't happen overnight; it took decades and involved much more than just a new wardrobe, some makeup, and HRT!

Thanks again for sharing this. My journey has always been an open book and I have always been happy to share it with others, especially those who don't understand but are trying! Much love and support to you! <3

It was my pleasure reading it.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

Colorado Girl

Quote from: SashaXtina on January 31, 2024, 08:10:14 PMThank you for sharing this ... and in the third person even!  ;D  I feel like it can be applied to so many of us on our journeys as we all take small steps forward in the right direction to become our true selves.

I remember when I first came out 21 years ago. It was mortifying but exhilarating. I absolutely sprinted headfirst into so many things — and encountered so many obstacles because of it. Once I started taking it one step at a time, slowly growing into myself, figuring out who I am and defining myself as time went by, determining my true circle of friends and chosen family, I became more and more comfortable and pleased with my own womanhood in general.

I read this post as a reminder to share with all the folks I know who are just starting their journeys. Please don't just dive head-first into the deep end of the pool! You've waited a long time already, so I know the urge is there, but please know you'll be happier in the long run if you take things step by step. Instead of diving in, wade in slowly and take your time. You have the rest of your life to do this! Self-discovery and self-actualization are journeys that are better depicted as marathons, rather than sprints. It's not a 100-meter dash and not everything needs to happen all at once!

Of course, the excitement that transpires after coming out encourages this "sprint-like" spirit (it certainly did for me at first, haha), but I always try to remind folks I know who are coming out that "You are you! You have always been who you are, despite not presenting yourself that way. You are loved and appreciated. Take your time as you learn more about yourself and as you unwrap the gift that is the 'new you' to the world. You are a flower who is blossoming, and flowers don't bloom overnight. And, quite importantly, you will always be loved. If not necessarily by the world, then by me and others who have shared similar journeys. Support and love is out there and you can always lean on me and others."

At any rate, this is how I approach things with those who are just coming out that I have the honor of knowing. My own transition didn't happen overnight; it took decades and involved much more than just a new wardrobe, some makeup, and HRT!

Thank you so much for this post, Sasha! In every aspect of my life, my approach has been to "cannonball into the pool" ...LOL! With my transition, however, I have been almost meticulous in taking smaller steps...finding out what works and what doesn't...what makes sense and what doesn't...and the end result is such a wonderful and rewarding experience that comes from taking in all the sensory input that comes from something new! I wake up each morning excited about what may be coming my way - and knowing that I can choose how to experience and enjoy it!

Hugs!
Shawna

Robbyv213

Thank you for writing this. It is very inspiring and gives me hope.

I am 37 and for many reasons I feel I can transition for at least 4 years. There is so much wasted time. I don't know if I can wait 4 years, ignoring and repressing her.

Thank you again for your inspirational post
  •