Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How do you beat the "blahs"?

Started by Colorado Girl, March 25, 2024, 05:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado Girl

So it was Monday...AGAIN. It was snowing...AGAIN. Just a day that started off with a "blah"...lol! So, I worked from home - which is nice to do from time to time, but still just "blah". THEN I decided to do a little online shopping and bought a new dress for Spring...all is well in the world once again! :eusa_dance:

What do you do to beat the 'blahs"?
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Colorado Girl
Dear Shawna:
Copious amounts of Chocolate helps a lot. 

Listening to uplifting music.
Going out to lunch or dinner with friends.
Shopping therapy.
I like to cook and bake so that is a nice activity for me.
Take a drive to your favorite area that is not far, far away.
When the weather is good, a short hike, walking trail,
or a lake or a beach visit is always nice....
..again, with supportive friends if possible.

HUGS, Danielle

Quote from: Colorado Girl on March 25, 2024, 05:18:28 PMSo it was Monday...AGAIN. It was snowing...AGAIN. Just a day that started off with a "blah"...lol! So, I worked from home - which is nice to do from time to time, but still just "blah". THEN I decided to do a little online shopping and bought a new dress for Spring...all is well in the world once again! :eusa_dance:

What do you do to beat the 'blahs"?
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Just do something that you enjoy that is not something you do every day or every other day.  That helps.  Seeing a friend or having a nice conversation that is more than routine, a greeting, or about work. 

Do something you can experience, make it an event.

Try a new recipe.

Hugs,

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

LoriDee

I don't get the blahs very often. Partly because I am retired, so I am not tied to a calendar, a clock, or even my phone. I try to stay busy with things I enjoy and I have many interests, so it isn't too difficult to find something to do. That said, there are times when I just need a ME Day. Take a bubble bath, do my nails, and wear something I haven't worn in a while, and read a book or watch a video.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

ChrissyRyan

The day spa visit I had recently was interesting.  That is something that could be done too.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

KathyLauren

I usually wait for spring.  It can be a long wait.  I have never been diagnosed, but I probably have Seasonal Affective Disorder: the winter blahs.

Quote from: Northern Star Girl on March 25, 2024, 06:40:57 PMCopious amounts of Chocolate helps a lot.

Yes, this helps.  Unfortunately, I have to ration it to avoid blimping out.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Colorado Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on March 25, 2024, 09:40:37 PMThe day spa visit I had recently was interesting.  That is something that could be done too.

Chrissy

I'm planning a day spa outing soon...I'm sure I'll enjoy it!
  •  

Maid Marion

I was diagnosed last year as having a vitamin D deficiency so this year I took vitamin D supplements for six weeks during the dead of winter.

I recently ate 2lbs of chocolate over about two weeks without gaining weight.  ;D
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Jessica_K

Winter is my Blah. It is so depressing in the mid of winter with less than 9 hrs of light and the shortest day is my birthday.

I guess I eat comfort food. I have put on 14Lbs over this winter. It had taken my 9 months to slowly take that off and 2 months to put it on. Done a lot of cooking.

Rarely eat choc, love cheese

Hugs
Jessica
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

Arch

I batten down the hatches and wait for my brain to recognize spring. When I can rouse myself, I go for a walk. I try to fight the carb cravings so my brain won't get further dorked up. By around February, the cravings start to take over. I'm particularly carb-sensitive, so I slog through February and March.

I used to use a lightbox, but it hurt my eyes, wasted my time (I couldn't do anything for half an hour while I sat there and squinted), and didn't do much for me. Lightboxes do help some people, so they are worth investigating.

I used to live in a house with a big sliding glass door in the master bedroom. I'd wake up, fix a cup of coffee, and work in bed with the glass door completely uncovered while the natural light streamed in. It was better than a lightbox. Unfortunately, I don't have this option in my current digs.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Miharu Barbie

I never have the blahs. Whenever I have spare time and nothing is going on, I grab a guitar and make myself learn a new song. If I'm not playing guitar, it's because I'm busy with something else. I even bring a guitar to work everyday, just in case there's a lull in my day. My life is a blah-free zone. ☺️

❤️
Miharu
Free your mind and your arse will follow

HRT:                         June 1998
Full Time For Good:     November 1998
Never Looking Back:  Now!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Kissing is really nice.  Kissing and walking hand in hand with someone special is something special.  This does not necessarily lead to what would be considered to be sexual activities of course.  It is just nice to do. 

Then again, just being with friends is usually nice.  But you do not kiss them all!

•