Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Hi everyone

Started by Alana1990, March 26, 2024, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alana1990

Hi, my name is Alana, and I'm 33. I realized a month ago that I'm transgender. I don't think I want to transition to female, but I want to express myself as a female because that's how I see myself and feel on the inside.

Athena

Formally known as White Rabbit
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Gina P

Welcome Alana, hope to hear more of your story in the future.
Hugs Gina

ChrissyRyan

Welcome Alana!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Alana1990 on March 26, 2024, 12:06:14 AMHi, my name is Alana, and I'm 33. I realized a month ago that I'm transgender. I don't think I want to transition to female, but I want to express myself as a female because that's how I see myself and feel on the inside.

@Alana1990
Dear Alana:

A big and warm Welcome to Susan's Place and the Forum.

I see that you have just registered as a new member here and this is your very first posting. 
I am glad that you found the Introductions Forum and that you let us all be aware of your arrival.

Our goal here is to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments.
We all come from different backgrounds and represent a wide range of experiences. No matter who you
may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information that will help you navigate
the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to
private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile.
Until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to
contact me via my Email at northernstargirl@yahoo.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place and the Forum.

Warmest Regards,
Danielle
  [Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
Helpful links to information that you should read
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Alana

My name is Sarah B and I would like to formally, Welcome you to Susan's Place!

I glad that Danielle our Forum Administrator has greeted you with such a warm welcome.

I was around your age when I changed my life around, I always was wanting and longing to be a female, well that was me.  So yeah I changed.  You do not have to transition, it is always your decision and yours alone on what you do and want.

If you see yourself as a female and feel like one, then that is ok, there is no problem and you do what you want to do that expresses that personality.  I did all I possibly could do to achieve my dream and the reason being because it made me happy.  So do what makes you happy.

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments regarding your journey. Just about everyone here has been confused about their gender at some point in their lives. Some discover they are transgender and others realize they are non-binary, while others may feel they fit best somewhere else along the gender spectrum. No matter where that may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place.

In addition members of Susan's will more than likely will discuss problems or issues that are similar to yours as most of us have experienced these as well.  You can read about my story (still in progress)  in a link listed below my signature.

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
Sarah B
Official Greeter
@Alana1990
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

LoriDee

Welcome, Alana!

The nice thing about Susan's Place is that we have people here from all walks of life, all ages, and at different stages of transition. How far you want to go is your decision. Just know that whatever you decide, we are here for you. If you need information, support, advice, tips, and tricks, you will find it here. If you ever get lost or stuck, feel free to reach out.

Welcome aboard!

Lori Dee
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

imallie

Welcome Alana - you realized a month ago, huh? Well just in case you're wondering, that doesn't make you any "less than" than anyone who has known for weeks, months or years. That isn't how this works. Everyone's story is unique.

The only advantage those who have known longer have is more time of self-reflection, a better sense of being able to look back at the story of your life up until this point and see if you can make the desperate narrative pieces fit together now that you know what the puzzle is supposed to look like. 😉

We all wish you the best of luck in that exploration! There are lots of people here on similar journeys who can offer advice and examples... and a lot of us will probably tell you how helpful enlisting a gender therapist if possible to aid you is as well.

Good luck and, again, welcome!!

Allie

Colorado Girl

Welcome, Alana! (I love that name, btw!) This is a wonderful place to just "be who you are". As others have said, fully transitioning (or not) is a very personal matter NOT to be second-guessed by anyone who is not you. So - wherever you are now and wherever your path takes you, you're a sister to all of us!

Alana1990

Quote from: Colorado Girl on March 26, 2024, 06:38:50 PMWelcome, Alana! (I love that name, btw!) This is a wonderful place to just "be who you are". As others have said, fully transitioning (or not) is a very personal matter NOT to be second-guessed by anyone who is not you. So - wherever you are now and wherever your path takes you, you're a sister to all of us!
Hi, Shawna,
Thank you so much for the kind words. I chose that name as it's the name of an extremely feminine woman I know, and admire. Hugs, Alana
  •  

Alana1990

•  

Maid Marion

Welcome Alana,

I live in Connecticut, which is a very accepting part of the country to live in if you want to express yourself as female without a medical transition.

Marion

Alana1990

Quote from: Northern Star Girl on March 26, 2024, 09:33:51 AM@Alana1990
Dear Alana:

A big and warm Welcome to Susan's Place and the Forum.

I see that you have just registered as a new member here and this is your very first posting. 
I am glad that you found the Introductions Forum and that you let us all be aware of your arrival.

Our goal here is to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments.
We all come from different backgrounds and represent a wide range of experiences. No matter who you
may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information that will help you navigate
the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to
private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile.
Until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to

contact me via my Email at northernstargirl@yahoo.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place and the Forum.

Warmest Regards,
Danielle
  [Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
Helpful links to information that you should read

Hi Danielle, thank you for the warm welcome.
  •  

Alana1990

Thank you all for these warm and welcoming comments. I got a bit emotional reading your replies. I'm only out to my cousin. You all make me feel so validated. Hugs