News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

You can watch the total solar eclipse from anywhere. Here's how

Started by Jessica_Rose, April 03, 2024, 10:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

You can watch the total solar eclipse from anywhere. Here's how

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/you-can-watch-the-total-solar-eclipse-from-anywhere-here-s-how/ar-BB1l0QaA?ocid=windirect&cvid=9f18415378fc483682e683167137844d&ei=46

Story by Passant Rabie (3 April 2024)

In less than a week, the Moon will come between us and the Sun, creating a remarkable view of our host star. The total solar eclipse will cross North America, passing over Mexico, the U.S., and Canada, with millions of people along the path of totality. But if you happen to not be one of them, or if clouds obscure your view, there are still ways for you to marvel at the temporary darkness covering the Sun's disc.

NASA will host a live stream of the solar eclipse that begins at 1 p.m. ET on Monday. The NASA broadcast will stream on NASA TV, and the space agency's website, and will include commentary from experts and astronauts on board the International Space Station.

The live broadcast will last for three hours, and include coverage from Dallas, Texas, Niagara Falls, New York, Russellville, Arkansas, and other cities across the path of totality.

The Virtual Telescope Project will also host its own livestream, which is scheduled to begin on Monday at 1 p.m. ET through its website. The live event will include four astrophotographers stationed in different cities across the path of totality in Pointe Aux Barques Lighthouse, Michigan, Florida, New Mexico, and Ontario, Canada.

============================================================

NASA: https://www.nasa.gov/nasatv/
Virtual Telescope Project: https://www.virtualtelescope.eu/webtv/
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

LoriDee

Thanks for posting this!

My dad worked for NASA back in the Apollo days (moon landing), so I passed it on to him.
He will love it.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

KathyLauren

I am looking forward to seeing it in person for the first and last time in my life.  But viewing it live on media is the next best thing if you can't get to a suitable site.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I heard there were some airlines have "eclipse viewing flights" with paying customers to view this eclipse. Can they fly above all clouds and haze?  I hope the aircraft can be above clouds so the line of sight is unobstructed and the weather is good enough to fly through.

I also hope that those watching from the ground in the prime viewing areas will not have clouds obstructing their views.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

I know Delta was marketing their Austin or San Antonio to Detroit flight as a flight of totality. Yes, aircraft fly over the clouds and therefore can experience the eclipse even if there are clouds below. And because they are flying in the same direction as the moon shadow, their time of totality will be longer than on the ground, assuming they are flying exactly on the path of totality.

I doubt that anybody will see the corona from the aircraft since the sun will be pretty exactly in the rear, maybe slightly on the right side. Unless, of course they are installing a glass ceiling or use one of those fancy Boeings 737 Max where the door plugs are being jettisoned during the flight.  ;D
  •  

LoriDee

I hope they are handing out viewing glasses. There might be a plane-load of blind people upon landing!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2024 - Voice Training
  •