Mastodon Mastodon

Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Progress

Started by Alana1990, June 08, 2024, 07:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alana1990

I've had two more sessions with my gender therapist. She's been a big help. She said that expressing myself in a more feminine manner seems to be what I'm most interested in. I went to the store this afternoon and bought a new purse, perfume, and anklet. I'm super nervous about wearing a purse in public.

Lori Dee

Good for you, Alana!

It's the little things that bring a smile to our faces. As you progress, you will get bolder and more confident. Until then just enjoy the anklet.

Hugs!
:icon_suspicious:
My Life is Based on a True Story

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training

imallie

Congrats Alana!

As for carrying the purse? People tend to notice uncomfortable people. If you give off a vibe like you're not sure if you're supposed to be there or there's something wrong, it makes people take a beat and look.  But even then, usually just a beat and then they go on with their lives.

But if you're confidently going on with your life... no matter what you're carrying? Most people will be completely oblivious.

Alana1990

@imallie, when I first started experimenting with being feminine, I was so scared people would notice. To my surprise, people are oblivious. I wear sandals in public with painted toe nails, and nobody has ever noticed. Ditto for wearing women's perfume.

Quote from: imallie on June 08, 2024, 09:10:33 PMCongrats Alana!

As for carrying the purse? People tend to notice uncomfortable people. If you give off a vibe like you're not sure if you're supposed to be there or there's something wrong, it makes people take a beat and look.  But even then, usually just a beat and then they go on with their lives.

But if you're confidently going on with your life... no matter what you're carrying? Most people will be completely oblivious.

imallie

Quote from: Alana1990 on June 08, 2024, 10:47:00 PM@imallie, when I first started experimenting with being feminine, I was so scared people would notice. To my surprise, people are oblivious. I wear sandals in public with painted toe nails, and nobody has ever noticed. Ditto for wearing women's perfume.

Everyone is the star of their own story, you know? The rest of the world is just made up of supporting players.

Robbyv213

I see lot of men carrying satchels, granted their not exactly purses, but some are pretty darn close. Even seeing more phany packs as well (not that phany packs are more fem or masc in General).

I have been thinking about getting a anklet as well. Something I can wear all the time even at work under my work clothes.

My therapist is recommending the same for me. To explore my feminine side, and express this feminine energy how ever I want, from clothing, jewelry, make up, grooming and hair, etc. the main point he suggests is that you should be comfortable in your expression what ever form that may be. So I also encourage you to explore this side of you and don't feel ashamed about any of it. Something's you may like and somethings you.may feel isn't for you. Just have to try them and see. In the end you're still you, and will always be enough even if your more feminine some days and more masculine other days. Be yourself and don't force too much thinking you have to because of stereotypes that surround trans people having to be and do and act certain ways. just be you, you're more than enough already!💙🩵💜

Lori Dee

Good advice, Robby!

My Psychologist once told me, "It should never be difficult to just be yourself."
:icon_suspicious:
My Life is Based on a True Story

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training

Alana1990

@Robbyv213, if you're looking for an anklet, check out Etsy. They have some neat ones on there. Expressing myself in a feminine manner feels right to me. I'm seeing guys starting to wear purses around where I live now, too,

Quote from: Robbyv213 on June 08, 2024, 11:47:13 PMI see lot of men carrying satchels, granted their not exactly purses, but some are pretty darn close. Even seeing more phany packs as well (not that phany packs are more fem or masc in General).

I have been thinking about getting a anklet as well. Something I can wear all the time even at work under my work clothes.

My therapist is recommending the same for me. To explore my feminine side, and express this feminine energy how ever I want, from clothing, jewelry, make up, grooming and hair, etc. the main point he suggests is that you should be comfortable in your expression what ever form that may be. So I also encourage you to explore this side of you and don't feel ashamed about any of it. Something's you may like and somethings you.may feel isn't for you. Just have to try them and see. In the end you're still you, and will always be enough even if your more feminine some days and more masculine other days. Be yourself and don't force too much thinking you have to because of stereotypes that surround trans people having to be and do and act certain ways. just be you, you're more than enough already!💙🩵💜
  •