Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Nonbinary people have hormone therapy and surgery more often than you... think

Started by Jessica_Rose, March 28, 2024, 06:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Nonbinary people have hormone therapy and surgery more often than you might think

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/nonbinary-people-have-hormone-therapy-and-surgery-more-often-than-you-might-think/ar-BB1kzzY7?ocid=windirect&cvid=794f5babcefe4e05af9db2d3b26dc845&ei=19

Story by Dr Sav Zwickl, Tomi Ruggles, Associate Professor Ada Cheung (27 March 2024)

Nonbinary is a broad umbrella term for people who have a gender that does not fit exclusively into the woman/man gender binary.

About 2% to 4.6% of the population is nonbinary.

Within the Australian trans and gender-diverse community, survey respondents were split approximately one-third trans women, one-third trans men and one-third nonbinary.

They may affirm their nonbinary gender in different ways, including social affirmation like changing clothing, name and pronouns, and legal affirmation, like changing their legal name and/or gender.

Although the Australian Government has recognized nonbinary genders for more than a decade (with an "X" gender or sex marker), nonbinary people continue to face barriers to legal recognition in some states and territories.

Just as nonbinary people are diverse in how they socially and legally affirm their gender, so too are the ways that they may or may not medically affirm their gender.

There is a common misconception that nonbinary people rarely, if ever, pursue medical gender affirmation—that is, gender affirming hormone therapy and/or gender affirming surgery.

However, as research in International Journal of Transgender Health shows, a growing number of nonbinary people have or want to affirm their gender medically...

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Asche

FWIW, I consider myself non-binary, but present female and wanted hormones and surgery.

Also, I couldn't see the article using the link in the OP, but managed to find it on the
source site:  https://medicalxpress.com/news/2024-03-nonbinary-people-hormone-therapy-surgery.html
"...  I think I'm great just the way I am, and so are you." -- Jazz Jennings

CPTSD
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee