Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Arkansas groups rally against new ID policy deeming it "not necessary"

Started by Jessica_Rose, March 28, 2024, 08:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Arkansas groups rally against new ID policy deeming it "not necessary"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/arkansas-groups-rally-against-new-id-policy-deeming-it-not-necessary/ar-BB1kB2UZ?ocid=windirect&cvid=291c1bdcd0e04bdf9ac8902f54bd4a01&ei=5

Story by Brenda Lepenski (27 March 2024)

Central Arkansas Pride, along with other LGBTQIA+ organizations, allies, and legislators gathered at the state capitol to rally against the state's new driver's license policy.

The revised policy effective March 12th required Arkansas ID holders to use the gender listed on their birth certificate and eliminated the option to choose 'X' as a nonbinary gender marker.

Morgan Erby-Taylor, a transwoman said this new policy change was "not necessary".

"Fourteen years it's been on the books that a person could self-identify their gender and then, because Governor Sanders decides that she wants to pander to her ultra-conservative base, she decides to change it," Erby-Taylor said. "There was no need for that."

"I'm a health care worker, I moderate a support group. I'm a parent, a grandparent, a US Army veteran," Erby-Taylor said. "You know, we're no threat to the community, if anything we add to the community."

"It's going to create anxiety, [and] it's going to create stress that might create negative health outcomes," Johnson said. "What it also does is the other person that's verifying the ID, [are] also put in an interesting situation, because they now have to ask questions, 'Why doesn't this match?' and that might ultimately present certain safety issues."

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee