Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Joe Biden calls trans people “fabric of our nation” in Trans Day... proclamation

Started by Jessica_Rose, March 30, 2024, 06:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Joe Biden calls trans people "fabric of our nation" in Trans Day of Visibility proclamation

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/joe-biden-calls-trans-people-fabric-of-our-nation-in-trans-day-of-visibility-proclamation/ar-BB1kLYIo?ocid=windirect&cvid=c830092862094589aec95356a13bd7f0&ei=15

Story by Daniel Villarreal (29 March 2024)

In commemoration of the upcoming Transgender Day of Visibility (TDOV), President Joe Biden issued a statement praising trans people's contributions to society and describing actions his administration has taken to counter transphobic bullying and extremism.

"Transgender Americans are part of the fabric of our Nation," Biden wrote in his statement. "Whether serving their communities or in the military, raising families or running businesses, they help America thrive. They deserve, and are entitled to, the same rights and freedoms as every other American, including the most fundamental freedom to be their true selves."

"I am proud to have appointed transgender leaders to my Administration and to have ended the ban on transgender Americans serving openly in our military," Biden continued." I am proud to have signed historic Executive Orders that strengthen civil rights protections in housing, employment, health care, education, the justice system, and more."

"But extremists are proposing hundreds of hateful laws that target and terrify transgender kids and their families — silencing teachers; banning books; and even threatening parents, doctors, and nurses with prison for helping parents get care for their children. These bills attack our most basic American values: the freedom to be yourself, the freedom to make your own healthcare decisions, and even the right to raise your own child," he added.

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

LoriDee

My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2024 - Voice Training
  •