Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What time is the total solar eclipse on April 8?

Started by Jessica_Rose, April 04, 2024, 12:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

What time is the total solar eclipse on April 8?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/what-time-is-the-total-solar-eclipse-on-april-8/ar-BB1l5gjn?ocid=windirect&cvid=7a0fa419ac6d4d56b98e6433cbbfd63e&ei=49

Story by Daisy Dobrijevic (4 April 2024)

The first place in North America to experience the totality stage of the solar eclipse, whereby the moon covers 100% of the sun's disk will be Mazatlán in Sinaloa, Mexico, with totality beginning at 11:07 a.m. MST (1:07 p.m. EDT) and lasting for 4 minutes 20 seconds.

The total solar eclipse will then cross two more Mexican cities, Durango and Coahuila. Next, the path of totality will enter the U.S. in Texas before moving across 15 U.S. States before heading into Canada.

You can view the entire path of totality including start and end times for different stages of the solar ellipse at each location in this helpful interactive map from NASA.

If you cannot watch the eclipse in person you can watch the total solar eclipse live here on Space.com courtesy of NASA. Coverage will begin at 1 p.m. EDT (1700 GMT). You can also keep up with all the actions with our total solar eclipse 2024 live updates blog.

=============================================================================

Interactive map from NASA: https://eclipse-explorer.smce.nasa.gov/
Space.com livestream: https://www.space.com/watch-total-solar-eclipse-april-8-online-free-livestreams
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Iztaccihuatl

Here is a link to an image with path and local times:

•  

KathyLauren

Just a reminder that, if you are going to watch the eclipse, you must wear certified eclipse glasses or you will fry your eyes.  An eclipse is no more dangerous then the sun on a normal clear day, but people don't stare at the sun on a normal day.  They do for an eclipse, though.  Eye damage is instant.  It is said to be painless, so you won't know that you fried your eyes right away.  Don't take chances.

If you have no interest in the eclipse and remember not to look, then you do not need protection.

If you are going to use binoculars or a telescope, the binos or scope must wear a protective filter.  You can take your eclipse glasses off to look through a filtered telescope.  And you can take them off after the total phase begins, as long as you remember to put them back on before it ends.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

LoriDee

As a teen, I worked in a welding shop. I was holding a piece of metal that my stepdad was welding. He always warned us to turn our heads, but... curiosity. Like you said, no noticeable pain or damage then. But that night my eyes felt like someone rubbed rock salt in them. I was in the bathroom with my head in the bathtub running cold water over my eyes for relief. Stepdad came in, saw what I was doing, and laughed. He looked at my eyes and said, "It sure is pretty to watch, isn't it?"

Please protect your eyes properly. I was in agony for several days after. It is not worth it.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: LoriDee on April 04, 2024, 06:09:26 PMAs a teen, I worked in a welding shop. I was holding a piece of metal that my stepdad was welding. He always warned us to turn our heads, but... curiosity. Like you said, no noticeable pain or damage then. But that night my eyes felt like someone rubbed rock salt in them. I was in the bathroom with my head in the bathtub running cold water over my eyes for relief. Stepdad came in, saw what I was doing, and laughed. He looked at my eyes and said, "It sure is pretty to watch, isn't it?"

Please protect your eyes properly. I was in agony for several days after. It is not worth it.

The eyes have it!  Protect those eyes, aye?

I think that eyes really can make for a pretty face.  Unless they have way too much makeup. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Chloe

The Day has ARRIVED! My Georgia home town's Latitude and longitude coordinates are: N33.380985, W84.799362 and, according to StarCalc, the closely aligned sun and the moon will fully arrive on the horizon approx 7:20AM and will partially eclipse 'round 3 o'clock (EDT).

Neptune and Saturn will be just below to right with Mercury, Uranus and Jupiter nearby on upper left. It will be a clear day in the Atlanta area so "not so sunny" should be pretty obvious!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •