Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Change in skin from estrogen therapy?

Started by CosmicJoke, May 02, 2024, 02:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicJoke

Hi everyone. I know that everyone is different and this probably doesn't happen for everyone but has anyone noticed a change in their skin from estrogen therapy?
What I am talking about is I think my skin actually became fairer and softer from estrogen. As a child I had more tan skin. This is really prevalent in old pictures.
I find it very fascinating what hormones can do.

LoriDee

Yes, I have noticed that too.

My skin is softer and smoother. Also, the "fat redistribution" caused by estrogen has softened my facial features so I look more like my mom than my dad now. I also noticed I don't have the muscle definition I once had on my legs and arms. I am getting squishy in all the right places.  ;D
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •  

NancyDrew1930

As I noted in my other post, I've noticed that the color of my skin has become paler on estrogen.  So I really need makeup on top of my sunscreen, otherwise people think I have the flu (some have asked why I have flour or chalk on my face, or that I look like "death warmed over").  And since the pandemic I have found that since Covid, many people are fearful of people who even have a hint of a flu or some sickness, even if you are not sick!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

ChrissyRyan

My skin is very soft, but not velvety soft as some CIS women.  Not that I go feeling the skin of many women.  Soft, but not as soft.  Close though, at least where there are no hairs.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

BlueJaye

Aside from kerstosis pilaris on my legs and arms, my skin is as soft and smooth as most women's.
  •  

Nadine Spirit

My skin got much softer. Especially on my face after so many hours of electro. My wife often rubs my face and hers and comments that mine is so much softer than hers.

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Nadine Spirit on May 04, 2024, 11:42:51 AMMy skin got much softer. Especially on my face after so many hours of electro. My wife often rubs my face and hers and comments that mine is so much softer than hers.

That is a nice result.  My faced filled out a bit and looks more feminine than before.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Hair thinned out too, for sure.  Not the hair on the top of my head though.
  •