Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Third Year Of HRT Changes

Started by NancyDrew1930, April 05, 2024, 01:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avign0n254 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

NancyDrew1930

So in a little under two months, I'll be having my second anniversary of taking MTF HRT (I'm still not out).  I have been on Lupin-Estradial and Cyproterone Acetate.  Over the last 22 months I have found that my face has feminized, and especially now with chin-length hair, when I do a half-up do, that really enhances my faces femininity (plus I have been getting tinsel in it, and people have liked seeing that and find that it suits me). 

Also, my breasts have grown to where some tight shirts, at least in the mirror, do show some shape and protrusions (I do wear a bra occassionally, however, I am also a larger person, so I think to some it still looks like I have "male boobs" without assuming that they are female).  For the past three weeks, after not feeling much for about four or five months, I've been getting some pains from my breasts, so I think I have entered another phase of their growth.  I am also thinking of asking at my next appointment to start progesterone to help further develop my breasts (I realize that Cyproterone is a progestin, however, for those who have been on Cyproterone and started Progesterone, did you notice any changes with using the two?)

Now then I've been looking on this site and online, and there is not a lot on what happens in the third year of HRT.  What changes did any of you notice during your third year or 24-36 months on HRT?

LoriDee

My prescriptions are different than yours. I assume it is due to US protocols vs Canadian protocols.

I'm just past four years HRT now. About a year ago, my endocrinologist retired from the VA, so I got sent to a different endo. I begged the previous doctor for progesterone citing numerous studies that it helps with breast development, sleep at night, and a whole host of other benefits. She said no. My new doctor agreed with me and started it right away.

It took about a month, but I noticed the soreness, tingling, etc. Although my breasts did not get larger, they became more rounded and shapely. Now with both estradiol and progesterone working, they are S L O W L Y getting bigger.

This may not relate to your specific situation but was my experience.

Hugs!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

ChrissyRyan

I had some more breast development after two years.
Sometimes one breast has been slightly larger than the other.
They are about the same now, round and perky, and it is hard to tell any difference in size, so there may not be any now.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

NancyDrew1930

Quote from: LoriDee on April 05, 2024, 01:53:54 PMMy prescriptions are different than yours. I assume it is due to US protocols vs Canadian protocols.

I'm just past four years HRT now. About a year ago, my endocrinologist retired from the VA, so I got sent to a different endo. I begged the previous doctor for progesterone citing numerous studies that it helps with breast development, sleep at night, and a whole host of other benefits. She said no. My new doctor agreed with me and started it right away.

It took about a month, but I noticed the soreness, tingling, etc. Although my breasts did not get larger, they became more rounded and shapely. Now with both estradiol and progesterone working, they are S L O W L Y getting bigger.

This may not relate to your specific situation but was my experience.

Hugs!

Yeah, I know that in the US because of regulations Cyproterone is unavailable, whereas in most of the world it is probably the most prescribed anti-androgen.  (Any other country besides the US where Cyrpo is unavailable due to government regulations?  Also, that's kind of been a question that I have wondered about: if I were to cross into the US for a few days on vacation, would US customs say anything about it, even if I had the prescription label on my bottle?)

•  

LoriDee

I honestly don't know the answer, but I suspect that since it is prescribed and you are traveling as a guest or tourist, it should be fine. I don't believe they would/could/should deprive you of any prescribed medication.

•  

Sweet luck

I have been one month on HRT. Nothing has changed, except libido  :)

Sarah B

Hello Sweet Luck

My name is Sarah B   and I would like to formally, Welcome you to Susan's Place!

You mentioned in your first post;

Quote from: Sweet luck on April 06, 2024, 02:38:27 AMI have been one month on HRT. Nothing has changed, except libido  :)

• You can expect your boobs to be smaller than your closest female relatives by up to a cup size.
  • You may notice signs of breast enlargement around the third month if you're using both hormone blockers and hormones.
  • Breasts take 3 to 5 years from  tanner stage 1 to tanner stage 5.

When I first started HRT I knew it would take time for my breasts to develop and I heard at the time it would take about 5 years.  I was patient, so in the end I did not worry about them growing.

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments regarding your journey. Just about everyone here has been confused about their gender at some point in their lives. Some discover they are transgender and others realize they are non-binary, while others may feel they fit best somewhere else along the gender spectrum. No matter where that may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place.

Once you feel comfortable here, it would be appreciated if you add a little bit more about yourself in the Introductions Forum.  I'm always learning something new.

In addition members of Susan's will more than likely will discuss problems or issues that are similar to yours as most of us have experienced these as well.  You can read about my story (still in progress)  in a link listed below my signature.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information which will help you navigate the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile, until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact, the Forum Admin Danielle Northern Star Girl alaskandanielle@yahoo.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
Sarah B
Offical Greeter
@Sweet luck
@LoriDee
@Northern Star Girl

Things that you should read

Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

LoriDee

Quote from: Sweet luck on April 06, 2024, 02:38:27 AMI have been one month on HRT. Nothing has changed, except libido  :)

Hello Sweet Luck! Welcome to Susan's Place.

You are just getting started on HRT, so you are in for some exciting times. As Sarah pointed out, this will be a long slow journey. My breast development started at about three months on HRT and became more noticeable to me by six months.

Ah yes, libido. You can expect ups and downs in that area too. It is perfectly natural. Your body is just making adjustments and reacting to new hormone levels. Things sort of smooth out later on.

Please be mindful of your moods. Any signs of depression, sadness, or harmful thoughts, or if things just don't feel right, please contact your doctor right away so they can adjust your dosage as necessary. If all is good, then relax and enjoy the ride.

Hugs!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Speaking of libido, it can be both strong or indifferent.  One would hope not the latter when, let's say, one is in a situation where you should not be indifferent! 

There are days I want to be the most good looking and let's say, a most talented and desirable in the right ways, woman.  There are other days when perhaps reading a good book is of more interest.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I have now been back for a while on my usual dosage of Estradiol. 
I went way back to see what impacts that would have on me, and recents labs are just fine.

All in all, I am better off with a full tablet each day.
I felt some tingling again in one of my breasts recently, so I think my body is noticing what it missed.  I do not see a loss of libido.

Also, this may have absolutely nothing to do with the E, but I seem again to be much more wanting to wear dresses and skirts, although other feminine clothes are certainly still appreciated and worn.

I have noticed a few pounds being added on so I decided to try to skip a meal when I am not hungry and that is keeping things pretty much the same.

Chrissy

Sarah B

Hi Chrissy

You mentioned several things in regards to HRT and they are;

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 12, 2024, 10:02:26 AMI have now been back for a while on my usual dosage of Estradiol. 
I went way back to see what impacts that would have on me, and recents labs are just fine.

All in all, I am better off with a full tablet each day.

I'm more diligent in taking my HRT these days and long story short, I'm more happy

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 12, 2024, 10:02:26 AMI felt some tingling again in one of my breasts recently, so I think my body is noticing what it missed.  I do not see a loss of libido.

I was never 'active', before or during the period I changed my life around.  I was always on HRT during this period and I never noticed any functionality problems downstairs.

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 12, 2024, 10:02:26 AMAlso, this may have absolutely nothing to do with the E, but I seem again to be much more wanting to wear dresses and skirts, although other feminine clothes are certainly still appreciated and worn.

While I looked after my mum, I was not religiously taking my HRT and since she passed away I have been taken it regularly like I used to do when I started to change my life around.  So I have noticed a difference about myself, I'm more happy, patient, and I have been weepy in recent times, although this never occurred before,

I'm taking more time in deciding on what new clothes will look good on me.  Instead of just taking some clothes of the racks or shelves and saying that will do.  In addition, getting some new earrings has been fun in and of itself.  Why?  I swim a lot and when I do, I always have studs in my ears.  So not many opportunities to wear them, when going out on special occasions.

This could just be, I have more time on my hands!

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 12, 2024, 10:02:26 AMI have noticed a few pounds being added on so I decided to try to skip a meal when I am not hungry and that is keeping things pretty much the same.

Chrissy

Breasts growing means a few more pounds!!  Take care, have fun and enjoy the feelings of being feminine.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
@ChrissyRyan
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: ChrissyRyan

BlueJaye

The third year was when I couldn't pass as male anymore. Everyone's results vary, but my experience was 24 months onward was when I had to start planning for living full time as a woman because people no longer saw me as a man even when wearing men's clothing.

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: BlueJaye on April 12, 2024, 07:00:58 PMThe third year was when I couldn't pass as male anymore. Everyone's results vary, but my experience was 24 months onward was when I had to start planning for living full time as a woman because people no longer saw me as a man even when wearing men's clothing.

That is a nice transition outcome. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Sarah B on April 12, 2024, 04:18:55 PMHi Chrissy

You mentioned several things in regards to HRT and they are;

I'm more diligent in taking my HRT these days and long story short, I'm more happy

I was never 'active', before or during the period I changed my life around.  I was always on HRT during this period and I never noticed any functionality problems downstairs.

While I looked after my mum, I was not religiously taking my HRT and since she passed away I have been taken it regularly like I used to do when I started to change my life around.  So I have noticed a difference about myself, I'm more happy, patient, and I have been weepy in recent times, although this never occurred before,

I'm taking more time in deciding on what new clothes will look good on me.  Instead of just taking some clothes of the racks or shelves and saying that will do.  In addition, getting some new earrings has been fun in and of itself.  Why?  I swim a lot and when I do, I always have studs in my ears.  So not many opportunities to wear them, when going out on special occasions.

This could just be, I have more time on my hands!

Breasts growing means a few more pounds!!  Take care, have fun and enjoy the feelings of being feminine.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
@ChrissyRyan

I do not want heavy breasts, maybe just a tad bigger, but that is all!
A little more "padding" on the rear to round me out may be nice.  A bit more proportional would be nice but I am pleased as is.

Chrissy

•  

Colorado Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 05, 2024, 01:55:35 PMI had some more breast development after two years.
Sometimes one breast has been slightly larger than the other.
They are about the same now, round and perky, and it is hard to tell any difference in size, so there may not be any now.

Chrissy

"Perky" is a beautiful word! :eusa_dance:
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

NancyDrew1930

So besides your breasts getting bigger, were there any other changes in the third year that any of you noticed?  I know that during the first two years a lot of fat moves around, and @BlueJaye I know said that she could no longer pass in her third year.  So what else might I expect?
  •  

LoriDee

I lost a lot of muscle definition. I mostly noticed it in my legs. The fat distribution sort of filled in stuff. Yay, cellulite!

I noticed in my face, that my features smoothed a bit so I look more like my mother than my father. I think breasts are the most noticeable change. But then again, my estradiol levels have been low for four years. I am hoping to fix that and see some bigger changes.

•  

ChrissyRyan

Not just at the three year milestone, but earlier, my face filled out.
My rear has not, thus there is not a 10-12 inch difference between my waist and hips.

Smooth skin?  Or perhaps better said as smoother feeling skin?  Yes, some of that too.  Not to be mistaken with softened hot water and soap when taking a shower, that feels smooth too. 

Chrissy

LoriDee

Yes! I didn't notice it, but my dental hygienist said that she noticed my skin being smoother and softer. I think I notice it mostly after shaving my legs. I love how soft and smooth they get.

•