Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hi, questions about starting

Started by Kelliemika, April 07, 2024, 05:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelliemika

Hi, new here. I made my appointment for my 1st consultation. Its at an informed consent facility, planned parenthood. I kinda would like to talk to someone who has been through this.

I can say that i have an excited anxiousness to this. I couldnt stop smiling when i got the conformation. But i really would like to talk to someone.

I could use some advice on the name i chose too lol. Its between 2 of them.

Thank you in advance.

LoriDee

@Kelliemika

Hello Kelliemika,

I'm Lori Dee. Welcome to Susan's Place!

It looks like this is your first post, so let me be the first to officially welcome you. It is wonderful that you have a consultation set up to help you get started. That should answer many of your questions about starting out.

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments. We all come from different backgrounds and represent a wide range of experiences. No matter who you may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place. I think if you read some of the stories here, you can also find some that you can relate to. That can help you with other things down the road.

We would like to get to know you. Once you feel comfortable here, please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum and introduce yourself and tell us something about you. As for choosing a name, you will find that our members have used many different methods to make that decision. You have plenty of time to find the one that fits you.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information that will help you navigate the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile. Until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me at  LoriDee605@outlook.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!

~ Lori Dee

Helpful links to information that you should read

@Sarah B
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

BlueJaye

Names are a very personal matter, I don't have any advice to give other than that a name should feel like you.

HRT can be a pretty wild ride. Results can be all across a wide spectrum, and there really isn't a way to know in advance where on that spectrum you'll be a few years down the road.

My own personal experience was that changes came very quickly. There were times I felt like the pace was faster than I was ready for. But I wouldn't say it ever was so overwhelming that I regretted it.

Jessica_Rose

Kelliemika, welcome to Susan's Place!

HRT is a lot like a rollercoaster. It starts off slowly, but once it gets going, things can happen quickly. Within a few months, you should know whether or not this is the right path. If you're taking estradiol, you may notice a calming effect. In my case, the squirrels running around inside my head finally mellowed out. Please feel free to ask questions, that's why this site exists.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B, LoriDee

Sarah B

Hello Kelliemika

My name is Sarah B and I would like to formally, Welcome you to Susan's Place! Also.

I see that LoriDee has welcomed you with open arms and provided you with information and links that will help you around Susan's.

Quote from: Kelliemika on April 07, 2024, 05:50:07 PMHi, new here. I made my appointment for my 1st consultation. Its at an informed consent facility, planned parenthood. I kinda would like to talk to someone who has been through this.

I believe the best way to begin your journey is to seek a 'therapist' or doctor that uses Informed Consent and has a background knowledge in gender issues.  To many doctors and 'therapists' were or are gatekeepers, in other words prevented you from achieving what you want in life.

Quote from: Kelliemika on April 07, 2024, 05:50:07 PMI can say that i have an excited anxiousness to this. I couldnt stop smiling when i got the conformation. But i really would like to talk to someone.

It is alright to feel excited and anxiousness at the same time and there is nothing wrong with those feelings.  I remember when I got my prescription for my first dosage of HRT.  I went next door to the chemist, which was next door to the doctors and got the prescription filled and almost immediately I took my first HRT tablet.  I do not remember how I felt at the time.  Obviously I was impatient, and maybe a little happy.

You are already talking to someone and that is, with other members here on Susan's and if you add further posts in the various forums you will find out a lot of information that will help you no end.  In addition members of Susan's will more than likely will discuss problems or issues that are similar to yours as most of us have experienced these as well.

Quote from: Kelliemika on April 07, 2024, 05:50:07 PMI could use some advice on the name i chose too lol. Its between 2 of them.

Thank you in advance.

You are more than welcome, you are lucky you are here.  In my day there was virtually no information or internet to help me.  So you will certainly have a lot of help in your journey.

As others have said, it is up to you, which names you choose.  Pick the names that you like and suit your personality.  The names you are considering are they Kellie and Mika?  If so they are very nice names and meanings behind them are great.  When I changed my life around the first thing I did was change my legal name and then my documents.  Doing this caused me no trouble in my journey.

It would be appreciated if you tell us a little more about yourself in the Introductions Forum, I see that Lori has provided the link for you to be able to do that. I like reading about other members as I always learn something from them.

All the best for the future and I look forward to hearing from you again.

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
Sarah B
Offical Greeter
@LoriDee
@Northern Star Girl
@Kelliemika

Things that you should read

Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Hi Kelliemika!

Welcome!

I hope your initial consultation goes well.  That is a big step to take.
Insofar as names go, that is very personal.  If you are unsure, you can pick one you like now but change it later.  Just be set with it if you go for a legal name change.

I would write a little more now but I need to get ready for work.  I am sure others will reply here too for you. There are so many helpful women here.

Visit back often!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 09, 2024, 08:17:47 AMHi Kelliemika!

Welcome!

I hope your initial consultation goes well.  That is a big step to take.
Insofar as names go, that is very personal.  If you are unsure, you can pick one you like now but change it later.  Just be set with it if you go for a legal name change.

I would write a little more now but I need to get ready for work.  I am sure others will reply here too for you. There are so many helpful women here.

Visit back often!

Chrissy

Kelliemika,

P.S.  I still attend sessions too, but not that often.  It sure was nice to get my letter for MFT HRT.  That letter was most exciting and appreciated. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •