Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

New here

Started by JennaA316, April 07, 2024, 09:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JennaA316

Hello all, I'm Jenna from Texas, and I have been looking for a transgender support group. I did a Google search and found this. So, I'm giving this support group a try. The reason I'm looking for a support group is that I'm thinking of transitioning to MtF so I need all the pros and cons and as much information as I possibly can. However, I will ask in a different subforum. Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting with you all lovely people. Talk soon.

❤ Jenna

Maid Marion

Hi Jenna,

Welcome!

A lot of girls here have done medical transitions with HRT and surgery.

But, I already have a petite hourglass figure.  Just 108 lbs and 5ft 2inches tall,so I pass reasonably well without that.  I've grown out my hair so it reaches the middle of my back.

I have worked with a speech therapist to learn how to modulate my voice for a very feminine voice.
It was already in the right pitch range and I'd typically use long sentences with clear enunciation.
After therapy I'd drive telemarketers crazy because I didn't sound like the person they were trying to reach!

My wife knew I was  transgender before we got married.  She suggested I wear  female clothes in men's styles  as we found it impossible to find professional work clothes that fit properly!  When I started wearing VS PJs we had a talk to set ground rules.  We had long talks all sorts of stuff, including social situations from a feminine perspective.

Marion
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

ChrissyRyan

Welcome Jenna!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

LoriDee

@JennaA316

Hello Jenna,

I'm Lori Dee. Welcome to Susan's Place!

Glad to have you here. In searching for information, you found the right place!

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments. We all come from different backgrounds and represent a wide range of experiences. No matter who you may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information that will help you navigate the site and use the available features. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile. Until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me at  LoriDee605@outlook.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!

~ Lori Dee

Helpful links to information that you should read

@Sarah B
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

ChrissyRyan

There is a significant amount of information here, I suggest you explore the various forum topics and that can take lots of time.  You can also ask specific questions and you may receive some specific replies.

Be sure to return!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Jenna

My name is Sarah B and I would also like to say, Welcome to Susan's Place!

I see that Lori has already welcomed you with open arms, that is the nature of Susan's Place and also Lori is my colleague or partner in crime.

Quote from: JennaA316 on April 07, 2024, 09:03:29 PMHello all, I'm Jenna from Texas, and I have been looking for a transgender support group. I did a Google search and found this. So, I'm giving this support group a try. The reason I'm looking for a support group is that I'm thinking of transitioning to MtF so I need all the pros and cons and as much information as I possibly can. However, I will ask in a different subforum. Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting with you all lovely people. Talk soon.

❤ Jenna

Well you have found the right support group, no doubt about that.  When I changed my life around there were no support groups so you will have tons of support, if you need it.

There were hardly any cons for me. I was prepared to lose everything family and friends and in the end I only lost my previous friends as I never told them.  I gained more than I ever dreamed off.

If you get a chance you can read my story in Sarah's Story a link is below my signature.  It's upto you and only you on how far you go down the path of changing your life around.

You have already meet a lot of people, from all walks of life to help you when you need it.

Please tell us more about yourself in the introductions forums.  I would appreciate it and other members would too, as I always learn something new.

Take care and all the best for the future.

All the best and Hugs
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Paulie

Hi Jenna,

Welcome to Susan's.

Paulie.

tgirlamg

Welcome Aboard Jenna and all good things to you as you explore life's many possibilities!!!

Onward!!!

Ashley 😀💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻

ChrissyRyan

Welcome Jenna!

Chrissy
  •