News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Trans Jeopardy! champ Amy Schneider has made game show history again

Started by Jessica_Rose, April 10, 2024, 04:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Trans Jeopardy! champ Amy Schneider has made game show history again

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/trans-jeopardy-champ-amy-schneider-has-made-game-show-history-again/ar-BB1llrxM?ocid=windirect&cvid=60e65db3fd4c4acd83079654e3cd67f5&ei=28

Story by Daniel Villarreal (9 April 2024)

Jeopardy! women's champion Amy Schneider has made history by finishing second in the trivia game show's first-ever Invitational Tournament, where past champions and fan favorites compete for a $100,000 first-place prize and a spot in the Jeopardy! Masters tournament of top champs.

Schneider is an Ohio native who gained national fame after winning 40 consecutive games on the quiz show in 2021. She became a champion in the middle of Trans Awareness Week and eventually lost to a queer librarian from Chicago.

Nonetheless, Schneider still made history in 2022 by becoming the first woman to win the most consecutive regular-season episodes of Jeopardy!, the first woman to make it to $1 million on the show, and the highest-earning woman ever to appear on the show.

In a November 2021 editorial for Newsweek, Schneider wrote, "It's a strange thing to think that I have made history as the first trans person to qualify for the Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions. It was inspirational for me to see transgender contestants on the show before I became a contestant and I hope that I am now doing that same thing for all the other trans Jeopardy! fans out there...I hope I have given them the opportunity to see a trans person succeed."
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Devlyn