Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Hi Everyone!

Started by sp884, April 17, 2024, 02:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sp884

Hi!

I'm new here, and this is my first time on this site. My name is Sienna, and I'm an undergraduate university student in my third year completing a BSc in Anthropology. As I'm in my third year, I'm working on my dissertation, looking at languages with grammatical gender (e.g. languages like Italian and Spanish, nouns are either masculine or feminine). I'm curious if this affects/bothers people with gender identities outside the typical binary of male and female, like non-binary or transgender identities. Using this forum, I would be very grateful if anyone could answer the 5 questions I have put together in a Google form; when permission to post is granted of course, they are interview-style questions, but you can be as brief or detailed as you want/comfortable with! All responses will also be kept anonymous.

I came to online forums, as you can probably guess, as it's not easy to find participants in person. Talking about gender identities, I understand, can be very personal, so this online anonymised format can be safer. :) I've heard this site has people from multiple backgrounds, which is also helpful in research.

If anyone is also particularly interested in this topic, it would be awesome to message one-on-one and do the Google form survey. Having one and one interviews would also be good research! But NONE of this is compulsory, and only if anyone is interested and doesn't mind helping me out and can do so.

Sienna   

Northern Star Girl

@sp884
Dear Sienna:

I am so happy to see that you registered as a member.  I will be looking for the approval information that
you have sent to me, which, if approved for use here on the Forum, will enable you to post your survey. 
I will keep you informed of the approval process.

I see that the Forum's official greeters @LoriDee and  @Sarah B have already given you a warm welcome
on another thread.   Please allow me to also give you a warm Welcome to Susan's Place and the Forum.
We have a lot of members here coming from all backgrounds and with a variety of experiences.

You have already been given the following information when you were previously greeted but please
again review the LINKS
at the end of this message, they include information which will help you to
navigate the site and use the available features. Look especially at the LINKS in RED...
...there are answers to questions that most new members ask.

Once you reach 15 posts you will be able to send and reply to Forum private messages, also
you will then be able to upload and post your Avatar profile picture.

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!

Things that you should read

If after carefully reading all of the information above and in the LINKS, and
you still have more questions regarding how the Forum works, you can contact me
via my private Email that is shown immediatly following my name below:

I look forward to your involvement on the Forum and reading your
future postings, comments and thoughts.

Warmest Regards,
Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org

LoriDee

@sp884

Welcome to Susan's Place and thank you for the introduction!
I am happy that you have submitted the required information and look forward to helping you as much as possible upon approval. Having not seen the questions yet, I am not sure I will be much help. I am a native English speaker so do not have much experience in foreign languages. I studied Latin in high school a LONG time ago and learned German while stationed in Germany for six and half years. Again that was a long time ago and I haven't had much use of it since returning to the States. I have probably forgotten much more than I remember. Good luck with your research and again welcome aboard.

My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

Paulie

Quote from: sp884 on April 17, 2024, 02:10:58 PMI have put together in a Google form; when permission to post is granted of course, they are interview-style questions, but you can be as brief or detailed as you want/comfortable with! All responses will also be kept anonymous.

Just a few words of caution: Nothing about Google is anonymous.  Even if you don't track it, Google will.  That's what they do, that's how they make their money.  All of their free products and services are not really free.

Northern Star Girl

I have approved the requested survey by new member sp884 and it is now approved and posted on the Forum.

Undergraduate Dissertation Research- Grammatical Gendered Languages
Link -->  https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247894.0.html

NOTE: Members who wish to reply to this or any other survey topic of the Forum do so of their own choice and
there is no compulsion to participate.

Regards, Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee