Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Are you happy you MTF transitioned, to whatever extent you have?

Started by ChrissyRyan, April 19, 2024, 07:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asche

Quote from: Jessica_K on April 28, 2024, 01:10:25 AMWhen I look back at my long life I see how much I have missed out on because I was not born with the right body.

I read lots of posts by trans women who say they wish they'd been born female.

Not to say that they are wrong when it comes to themselves, but I don't feel that way about myself.  There was all kinds of stuff I suffered because I was assigned male but didn't fit in the box society tried to make me fit into, but I don't believe it would have been a lot better if I'd been assigned female -- it would have been different, but probably not any less awful.  The world I grew up in had rigid ideas of what boys and girls had to be and treated anyone who didn't fit in pretty harshly.

I have a younger sister, and while I don't think they were quite as brutal with her (though I may have missed some stuff since she was 9 years younger), people still treated her like something was wrong with her.  And there still seems to be a conflict in her between how she believes she is supposed to be and who she really is inside, though I don't think she's ever faced up to it.  Twenty years ago I realized that I had to deal my own version of this or I would soon be dead, and that ultimately lead to my transitioning.
"...  I think I'm great just the way I am, and so are you." -- Jazz Jennings

CPTSD
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Asche

Actually, I think if I'd been assigned female at birth, I would have been a very different person.  The years of living as male were horrible, but dealing with that has given me a depth of understanding about myself and even (to some extent) other people that I don't think I would have had if I'd grown up in a role more compatible with my nature.  There's stuff I see that my cis friends, even the more insightfull ones, don't see.  (Of course, sometimes that reinforces my feeling that I'm not really human :( )
"...  I think I'm great just the way I am, and so are you." -- Jazz Jennings

CPTSD
  •  

LoriDee

Quote from: Asche on Today at 06:13:08 AMActually, I think if I'd been assigned female at birth, I would have been a very different person.  The years of living as male were horrible, but dealing with that has given me a depth of understanding about myself and even (to some extent) other people that I don't think I would have had if I'd grown up in a role more compatible with my nature.  There's stuff I see that my cis friends, even the more insightfull ones, don't see.  (Of course, sometimes that reinforces my feeling that I'm not really human :( )

I agree with this so much. The world was a much different place when I was growing up. Being cast in a male role taught me things from experiences that were not available to women. I was a Tank Master Gunner in the Army. Combat jobs were not available to women until recently. I learned how to be strong mentally and physically.

Had I been female the abuse I went through would have been far more traumatizing. I still pine for things I did not get to experience like being a girl and learning about clothes, hairstyles, and makeup. But I can learn those now. I wish I had more time to spend enjoying it. I am not immortal yet.

I can't help but think there is a reason for my life unfolding as it has. I can accept that.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2024 - Voice Training
  •