News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Do you enjoy Asian food?

Started by ChrissyRyan, April 23, 2024, 02:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Do you enjoy Asian food?

What are some of your favorite Asian meals?
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Athena

Char Siu pork is amazing. I like more authentic Chinese food more than the more westernized
Formally known as White Rabbit
  •  

Maid Marion

It has been a long time since I've had an Asian style meal in which a large family gets together and passes along the plates so everyone gets to taste all the dishes.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I will go to an Asian buffet every once in a while.  You can get to select from a lot of entrees, although I have no idea which are authentic Asian foods.  I just know I need to go to an Asian restaurant to eat them!
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jessica_K

I love and eat almost exclusively Asian or Far Eastern food. I cook it myself.

A lot are simple Indian dishes such as dhals and chickpea. Over the years like every Indian mother I have developed my own spices ( no I am not indian) so they are pretty authentic and have a very high heat tolerance so have to tone the spices down for guests.

One of my favourite dishes is a side called bhindi kurkuri
Or crispy/fried okra in English. Okra marinated in spiced Gram flour (chickpea) and baked/fried until crisp.

I have cooked a little Chinese and Japanese food, but normally I go to restaurants fave food is salt and chilli soft shelled crab (Chinese) and sushi (Japanese). I have been lucky to have gone to Japan so I know what it is meant to taste like. It's pretty good here if you keep away from the chains.

Hugs
Jessica xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

davina61

Thai green or red curry from a paste or kit is quick and easy.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Oldandcreaky

I ate Japanese tonight. Yum. And I love Indian cuisine. And I WISH I loved Chinese food, for it seems so healthy and is so pretty, but I'm not a big fan of their spicing.
  •  

Maid Marion

A lot of "Chinese" food has been adapted for Americans but if you hunt around you may be able to find authentic Chinese food that may be more to your taste.
  •  

Jessica_K

I was going to say US Chinese is very different to UK and I am not so keen on it. Similar US Indian food has been modified for US palette too. Here in UK there are parts where large numbers of Indian descent live and that influenced the food.
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•