Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

This trans teen delivered a powerful speech... helped defeat an anti-trans bill

Started by Jessica_Rose, April 24, 2024, 02:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

This trans teen delivered a powerful speech in the state senate & helped defeat an anti-trans bill

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/this-trans-teen-delivered-a-powerful-speech-in-the-state-senate-helped-defeat-an-anti-trans-bill/ar-AA1nBgYr?ocid=windirect&cvid=639092635597462ebe42c1a2f2bc0e7d&ei=11

Story by Mira Lazine (24 April 2024)

During a hearing yesterday regarding trans sports ban bill S.B. 375, transgender teenager Maëlle Jacques delivered a powerful speech that appealed to the humanity of transgender teens, highlighting the harm bills like this do to the transgender community.

"Joining the male teams wouldn't even be a choice for me with the bullying and threats I'd receive, let alone the mental anguish I'd go through being forced to be someone I'm not," said Jacques.

"When I began my transition in the sixth grade, my school welcomed me onto the girls' team," she said. "This act of being able to be a part of the teams I belong to allowed me to skip through the phase of social ostracization as the other girls accepted me for who I was and welcomed me."

"I didn't join sports with the goal of dominating competition or being better than anyone else. No one would go through the bullying and self-hatred of transition purely to win a sport... I joined because it's something I'm passionate about and enjoy."

"The only problems I've received are from outside parties, like media sources and whatnot. I've never received anything negative from other teams and coaches and players."

S.B. 375 was killed in the House Education Committee in a 19-1 vote.

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee, Moonflower

Asche

"...  I think I'm great just the way I am, and so are you." -- Jazz Jennings

CPTSD
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Asche on April 25, 2024, 08:16:40 AMWhich state was this?

The article mentions New Hampshire several times, I'm guessing that's where it happened.

Hugs,  Devlyn
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Jessica_Rose

It was in New Hampshire.

Another short quote from the article:

New Hampshire Rep. David Luneau (D) said to PinkNews, "We think [the bill] doesn't have any place, doesn't have any business in New Hampshire," he said. "And frankly, what we heard from almost 40 people yesterday that, hey, these kids just want to play and be part of the team."
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee