Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you like to eat a pasty?

Started by ChrissyRyan, April 25, 2024, 07:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Do you like to eat a pasty?  ("Pass tee")

Apparently from Cornwall, South West England it is big in northern Wisconsin and the Upper peninsula of Michigan (yes, there is a lower peninsula of Michigan), and Australia.

The pasty is in a way similar to a big empanada, almost with a stew inside.  Meat, carrots, onions, potatoes are some ingredients. 

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 25, 2024, 07:48:09 AMDo you like to eat a pasty?  ("Pass tee")

Apparently from Cornell, England it is big in northern Wisconsin and the Upper peninsula of Michigan (yes, there is a lower peninsula of Michigan), and Australia.

The pasty is in the way similar to a big empanada, almost with a stew inside.  Meat, carrots, onions, potatoes are some ingredients. 

I do, but I'm mainly here to see the moral outrage you're going to cause by saying it's from Cornell.  :laugh:

Also, it's taboo to call one that wasn't made in Cornwall a Cornish pasty. Just like the difference between champagne and sparkling wine.

We ate at the Cornish Pasty Company in Phoenix, Arizona. (I didn't name the restaurant!) They had some crazy variations on pasties, I think I had the Reuben. Delicious...but blasphemy. Definitely blasphemy.

Hugs, Devlyn

*edit: Also, where I lived in Biggleswade there was a local bakery that sold Bedfordshire Clangers.
  •  

davina61

Saved me sending a slap Devlin!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Devlyn

Devlyn

•  

Oldandcreaky

•  

davina61

I make my own with a Keema filling !!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

big kim

Love them espeially the corned beef pasys which have vanished from north west Lancashire
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Sorry, typo!

Apparently it is from Cornwall, South West England.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •