Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Chest binding made me euphoric. But doing it wrong almost ruined my life.

Started by Jessica_Rose, April 25, 2024, 08:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Chest binding made me euphoric. But doing it wrong almost ruined my life.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/chest-binding-made-me-euphoric-but-doing-it-wrong-almost-ruined-my-life/ar-BB1lJ3Fy?ocid=windirect&cvid=8cc362e8eb9443a397d0ccdd9f80eca6&ei=52

Story by Molly Sprayregen (18 April 2024)

In my early thirties, I suffered a binding injury that would end up defining my career... The more I experimented with genderqueer expression, the more apparent it became that I was unseen by the world. And then a friend of a friend offered me one of their old binders.

It was stained from the previous owner's sweat and frayed where it had been cut shorter, but when I put that ratty thing on for the first time, I felt positively euphoric. I was suddenly aware of the dysphoria that I couldn't even name until I felt it abate.

Though binding was an integral part of how I coped with my dysphoria, I had to prioritize my physical health; I'd let it go on too long. I was too injured to bind for short periods—even when it mattered most. Whenever I put on my binder, the crushing ache in my chest became intolerable almost immediately.

In 2015, I heard about a new, safer binder called gc2b. I purchased one immediately. The euphoria returned the minute I put it on. I'd been frozen in place on my gender journey. Now I finally resumed becoming my truth in the world.

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee