Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Is No Op (no gender conforming surgery) a viable option for you?

Started by ChrissyRyan, May 14, 2024, 12:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Is No Op (no gender conforming surgery) a viable option for you?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Chloe

Jessica_K

Absolutely resounding NO, NO, NO.

The older I get the more I want the surgery and closer and closer I get to not getting it. And the harder it gets to live without it.....

Jessica
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•  

LoriDee

Quote from: Jessica_K on May 14, 2024, 02:35:21 AMAbsolutely resounding NO, NO, NO.

The older I get the more I want the surgery and closer and closer I get to not getting it. And the harder it gets to live without it.....

Jessica

THIS. Exactly.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •  

Faith

My answer is No! My reality is, yes :(  I am stuck in limbo awaiting whether I proceed or give up .. all to accommodate someone else's opinion of what I need.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

ChrissyRyan

Had another discussion with my sweetie at her house last night about GCS.  Again she prefers for me to retain the original factory equipment.  They are useful and can help provide some delights but I did explain from my heart that having a female body like hers would be comforting. 

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Maid Marion

Yes, especially if I can find a fully accepting partner.
  •  

Gina P

For 'ME' the answer was always no! If I was to transition I would go all the way. Boobs, Vagina, the works. Keep in mind everyone is different.
  •  

imallie

When this was all in my head for decades, the answer was a black and white emphatic "No"!

But since everything entered reality I'd say it's still "no" ... and that all three procedures seem to be on the horizon... but I'm also open-minded enough to know tomorrow is another day...
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Everyone

Unfortunately, I cannot really answer this question from my perspective, given the present day, time and circumstances.

However, if I knew then what I know now, before I changed my life around or before my surgery, that I was female, or I did not know.

Then my answer would be an absolute emphatic resounding 'NO'.  No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Thank you ladies for sharing out. 

Perhaps you wish to sound out on this matter?

Chrissy
  •  

coral

Much the same as Faith said, desire no, but reality yes.  No Op mostly due to advanced age, and multiple medical issues.  Relatively healthy for my age, will be 77 in couple months.  So can not take a chance on any major elective surgeries. Nearly 5 years on HRT, and seeing fair results.

Best to all!
  Coral

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: coral on Yesterday at 10:56:21 AMMuch the same as Faith said, desire no, but reality yes.  No Op mostly due to advanced age, and multiple medical issues.  Relatively healthy for my age, will be 77 in couple months.  So can not take a chance on any major elective surgeries. Nearly 5 years on HRT, and seeing fair results.

Best to all!
  Coral

Is there an age that this surgery is unwise to do if in good health?

Chrissy
  •  

Nadine Spirit

I was sure that I would never have any surgery, but I changed my mind.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

LoriDee

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on Yesterday at 12:16:10 PMIs there an age that this surgery is unwise to do if in good health?

Chrissy

My doctors have said that age is not a barrier to surgery. If in good health, all is good. However, as we age we develop other issues that can be a barrier. It is up to the surgeon to decide if one is fit enough.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B, coral

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: LoriDee on Yesterday at 02:37:18 PMMy doctors have said that age is not a barrier to surgery. If in good health, all is good. However, as we age we develop other issues that can be a barrier. It is up to the surgeon to decide if one is fit enough.

That is encouraging.

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I had an early morning therapist session before work started today to discuss some issues with my transition.

Chrissy
  •  

coral

LoriDee,
    Exactly!  Age and chronic medical issues are my personal deciding factors.  While not my preferred choice, I have accepted this, at least for now.  Thanks for your understanding and input.

Coral
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee