Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

JK Rowling slammed for asking if she can be Black

Started by Devlyn, May 16, 2024, 11:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

JK Rowling slammed for asking if she can be Black if she likes "Motown & fancy myself in cornrows"

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2024/05/jk-rowling-slammed-for-asking-if-she-can-be-black-if-she-likes-motown-fancy-myself-in-cornrows/

Alex Bollinger Monday, May 13, 2024

British author J.K. Rowling continued to battle with progressives on social media, asking those who oppose her transphobia whether she could call herself Black if she got into Motown music and wore her hair in cornrows.

Another X user named Landon Best told Rowling that "You keep telling trans women that they're not allowed to call themselves women, even though they are.

Stop telling women what they're allowed to say, JK. It's basic decency."

"Does this apply to any other demographic, Landon?" Rowling asked. "Do I get to be black if I like Motown and fancy myself in cornrows? What if I claim the authentic me has always been black and that you're being racist to me? Would that be OK, or would you find it ludicrous and deeply offensive?"

•  

Jessica_K

The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Devlyn

imallie

I don't understand it with the already famous, which she was.

I do, sadly, sometimes understand it with the sad and lonely. They inadvertently (or intentionally) step on some hot button landmine, and the subsequent attention they get — affirmation, criticism AND then support from people who attack their critics to defend them... they find addicting. So they lean into it.

She just seems to be suffering some sort of break down.

Yes, these are clearly her long-held and secret positions. But why she is just turning her life's focus into hatred... makes little sense. I sincerely hope she gets help at some point.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Devlyn