Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Today, Sunday May 27, 2024... The Day before Memorial Day

Started by Northern Star Girl, May 26, 2024, 10:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Today, Sunday May 27, 2024... The Day before Memorial Day

Whenever we think of the losses that our fighting men and women have sustained in the
defense of America's freedoms, we should ponder the profound words of General George Patton:
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived."

Join me in thanking God that these men and women lived and served !!!

Warmest Regards and thank you to those that are all about what Memorial Day really means.

Danielle [Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
                                US AirForce Veteran... served right after college.
                                      1st Lt   First Lieutenant
                                      Much of that time at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas
                                      Staff at the Air Education and Training Command

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single

LoriDee

Thank you for this, Danielle!

General Patton was one of my favorite historical military figures. When the movie Patton first came out, our entire tank unit marched to the theater in full dress uniforms, black berets, and carrying our gold guidon. Other movie-goers were amused (annoyed) that every time the General appeared on screen, our entire unit would stand and salute him. We had fun with that.

We have rain moving in now, so I don't know yet if I will be visiting the Black Hills Cemetery tomorrow. We have a Gold Star mom who lives a few doors down from me and she went there yesterday, expecting bad weather tomorrow. Her husband and son are both buried there. She brought me some poppies from her visit.

Whether I go or not, my thoughts will be with those we have lost.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training