News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Waves

Started by Justanother, May 26, 2024, 11:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justanother

Hi all,

I'm known on here as Justanother, but my 'enlightened'  friends call me Kate. I've been crossdressing for most of my adult life. Raised in a single-parent home with my grandmother's frequent assistance (nan, your deeply missed), I was surrounded by the 1970s and '80s style women's clothing worn by the adults, while I was dressed in boys' attire from the same era, making me feel out of place. Like others might in my situation, I experimented with clothing and was shocked by the changes of puberty. I was discovered several times, and my mum patiently explained the functional differences between boys' and girls' clothing, though not the reasons why boys wear pants and girls wear skirts.
To address any confusion, I attempted to follow the 'male' role models available to me, shaping who I am today. Now at 42, in an unhappy marriage with two grown children, I'm contemplating whether to delve deeper into exploring the 'old' me and the extent of this journey.

Northern Star Girl

@Justanother   also known as:  Kate
Dear Kate:

I have noticed that you have just registered today as a new member and
that you have submitted your posting here on the Introductions sub-forum.

All of us on the Forum are very glad that you found us and that you are now here.

Here on the Forum we have members coming from all backgrounds and with a variety of experiences.

I am wishing you a Warm Welcome to Susan's Place!

I look forward to your involvement on the Forum and reading your
future postings, comments and thoughts.

Please review the LINKS at the end of this message, they include information which will help you to navigate
the site and use the available features. Look especially at the LINKS in RED...
...there are answers to questions that most new members ask.

If after carefully reading all of the information in my mwessage and in the LINKS below, and
you still have more questions regarding how the Forum works, you can contact me
via my private Email
that is shown immediatly following my name below:

Once you reach 15 posts you will be able to send and reply to Forum private messages, also
you will then be able to upload and post your Avatar profile picture.

I will now let you get back to this posted topic... there should be some
additional like-minded members coming along to greet you and to help answer any questions
that you may have.

Warmest Regards,
Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]  E-Mail: alaskandanielle@yahoo.com
The Forum Administrator
Helpful links to information that you should read

cc: @Sarah B
                  @LoriDee

Quote from: Justanother on May 26, 2024, 11:43:25 AMHi all,

I'm known on here as Justanother, but my 'enlightened'  friends call me Kate. I've been crossdressing for most of my adult life. Raised in a single-parent home with my grandmother's frequent assistance (nan, your deeply missed), I was surrounded by the 1970s and '80s style women's clothing worn by the adults, while I was dressed in boys' attire from the same era, making me feel out of place. Like others might in my situation, I experimented with clothing and was shocked by the changes of puberty. I was discovered several times, and my mum patiently explained the functional differences between boys' and girls' clothing, though not the reasons why boys wear pants and girls wear skirts.
To address any confusion, I attempted to follow the 'male' role models available to me, shaping who I am today. Now at 42, in an unhappy marriage with two grown children, I'm contemplating whether to delve deeper into exploring the 'old' me and the extent of this journey.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single

Email:  --->  alaskandanielle@   
                                                              yahoo.com

LoriDee

Hello JustAnother/Kate!

Welcome to Susan's Place.

Thank you for that wonderful introduction.

Danielle has provided a bunch of links to important information. This site is huge, and as you explore, you will likely find others with similar experiences. We are each unique but we have so many experiences in common. Our goal here is to help others who might be looking for answers and provide assistance where possible.

If you get lost or need assistance, feel free to reach out.

Again, welcome aboard!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training

Sarah B

Hello Kate

My name is Sarah B and I would also like to formally, Welcome you to Susan's Place!

I see that other members of Susan's have welcomed you also, which is nice to see.  You mentioned in the following post:

Quote from: Justanother on May 26, 2024, 11:43:25 AMHi all,

I'm known on here as Justanother, but my 'enlightened'  friends call me Kate. I've been crossdressing for most of my adult life. Raised in a single-parent home with my grandmother's frequent assistance (nan, your deeply missed),

It is possible if you like to change your screen name and Danielle our Forum Administrator could change it for you.  If it is possible.  Cross dressing does not mean that you are a 'cross dresser.  I never cross dressed, I only dressed because it felt right.

I know what it is like to lose members of the family that are close to you.  We can only cherish the memories, we have of them.

Quote from: Justanother on May 26, 2024, 11:43:25 AMI was surrounded by the 1970s and '80s style women's clothing worn by the adults, while I was dressed in boys' attire from the same era, making me feel out of place. Like others might in my situation, I experimented with clothing and was shocked by the changes of puberty. I was discovered several times, and my mum patiently explained the functional differences between boys' and girls' clothing, though not the reasons why boys wear pants and girls wear skirts.

I guess you could say my time was around the 1980's, however, the style of clothing I liked came from women's magazines and not from the women around me.  There were three things, I did not like about puberty, one was hair on my face, my voice changing and my breasts did not grow.  I eventually changed those features, when I changed my life around.

That it is so funny, "not the reasons why boys wear pants and girls wear skirts", I would like to know that reason!

Quote from: Justanother on May 26, 2024, 11:43:25 AMTo address any confusion, I attempted to follow the 'male' role models available to me, shaping who I am today. Now at 42, in an unhappy marriage with two grown children, I'm contemplating whether to delve deeper into exploring the 'old' me and the extent of this journey.

I heard of the 'male role models' and in a vain attempt, I tried to do the same to make sure I threw the hounds of the scent.  I don't know if I was successful or not.

I was 30 years old and I changed my life around and I sacrificed everything and I have never ever regretted what I did.  I have led a very successful life since.  You are never too old to change your life around if you so wish.  The only major thing to consider is, will it make you happy?

Whatever path you decide to take after delving deeper in to your 'old me', then that it is up to you and you alone to decide.

Once you feel comfortable here, it would be appreciated if you add a little bit more about yourself in the various forums and threads.  I would appreciate it very much as, I'm always interested in learning something new about new members.

In addition members of Susan's will more than likely will discuss problems or issues that are similar to yours as most have experienced these as well.

Take care and all the best for the future you.

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
Sarah B
Offical Greeter
@LoriDee
@Northern Star Girl
@Justanother
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1989 Living my life as Sarah.
Feb 1989 Legally changed my name.
Mar 1989 Started hormones.
Feb 1991 Surgery.

Jessica_K

Welcome to Susan's Kate.

The story you tell is so common, sneaking a dress or skirt on. In my case it was because it seemed right, I never crossdressed as although it the time I did not have clue what I was I knew I was not a boy. Long story but forced to take up the male roll and conform it took me years to find myself again. At the age of 66 I transitioned and I am a different person. The real me has come out.

Of course we are all very different and transition may not right for you but experimenting and questioning is part of the process to find out. If you were to go down the transition route it never never too late.

Jessica xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

imallie

Hi Kate -

Welcome!! I think you will find here a community of people who understand a lot of things you're dealing with, and can lend an ear when you need someone to listen, advice when you want some, or maybe just a laugh when you need it.

First thing I would say is that I'm very sorry you're not happy in your marriage. Regardless of all issues related to dressing -- unless you feel the unhappiness is somehow tied directly to that -- I would hope that you can somehow find a way to address that most important relationship as a priority.

So many things are easier with a supportive partner in life. And just in general, life is easier when you are happy in your relationships. Everyone deserves to be happy -- including both you and your wife.

I sincerely hope you find what you're looking for!

Love,
Allie
  •  

Justanother

•  

Justanother

Quote from: Sarah B on May 26, 2024, 06:09:17 PMHello Kate

My name is Sarah B and I would also like to formally, Welcome you to Susan's Place!

Thanks

I see that other members of Susan's have welcomed you also, which is nice to see.  You mentioned in the following post:

It is possible if you like to change your screen name and Danielle our Forum Administrator could change it for you.  If it is possible.  Cross dressing does not mean that you are a 'cross dresser.  I never cross dressed, I only dressed because it felt right.

I shall reach out to Danielle in due course.

I know what it is like to lose members of the family that are close to you.  We can only cherish the memories, we have of them.
Love heart emoji

I guess you could say my time was around the 1980's, however, the style of clothing I liked came from women's magazines and not from the women around me.  There were three things, I did not like about puberty, one was hair on my face, my voice changing and my breasts did not grow.  I eventually changed those features, when I changed my life around.

Same here, I found the absence of breast growth and this thing randomly growing and poking out between my legs worrying, to the point I and my parental figures had to have a deep heart to heart.

That it is so funny, "not the reasons why boys wear pants and girls wear skirts", I would like to know that reason!

Boys can just stand and urinate usually passing wind at the same time, yet us girls by wearing skirts get to sit and take the weight off our feet for a few moments, I know that does not really answer the question but that was the answer I got.

I heard of the 'male role models' and in a vain attempt, I tried to do the same to make sure I threw the hounds of the scent.  I don't know if I was successful or not.

I was 30 years old and I changed my life around and I sacrificed everything and I have never ever regretted what I did.  I have led a very successful life since.  You are never too old to change your life around if you so wish.  The only major thing to consider is, will it make you happy?

Will it make me happy??.... thats the £1billion question, I feel I have lived for so long as a lie, so logically yes, but, that answer comes with its own questions.

Whatever path you decide to take after delving deeper in to your 'old me', then that it is up to you and you alone to decide.

Once you feel comfortable here, it would be appreciated if you add a little bit more about yourself in the various forums and threads.  I would appreciate it very much as, I'm always interested in learning something new about new members.
Consider it done.

In addition members of Susan's will more than likely will discuss problems or issues that are similar to yours as most have experienced these as well.

Take care and all the best for the future you.

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!
Sarah B
Offical Greeter
@LoriDee
@Northern Star Girl
@Justanother
[/i]
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Justanother

Quote from: Jessica_K on May 26, 2024, 06:39:31 PMIn my case it was because it seemed right
Exactly those around me wore skirts so logically thats the norm.
  •  

Justanother

Quote from: imallie on May 27, 2024, 01:43:32 AMI would hope that you can somehow find a way to address that most important relationship as a priority
For the past 10 ish years my Significant other took the view happy wife happy life to the extremes.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Hi Kate!

Welcome!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Justanother