Mastodon Mastodon

Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A trans girl was violently attacked in a school bathroom

Started by Jessica_Rose, June 10, 2024, 05:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

A trans girl was violently attacked in a school bathroom

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-trans-girl-was-violently-attacked-in-a-school-bathroom/ar-BB1nV5Mi?ocid=windirect&cvid=23bc9f296a32444cafa6e028c7f38d8b&ei=13

Story by Johnny Levanier (9 June 2024)

A trans girl attending a high school in Minnesota was left with a broken jaw after another student assaulted her outside of a bathroom. Local police are investigating the attack as a hate crime.

Cobalt Sovereign is a 17-year-old junior attending Hopkins High School in Minnetonka, a suburb outside of Minneapolis. She came out as trans in 2021 to a supportive family, and while Sovereign has experienced her share of transphobia, it has never crossed the line to physical violence—until last Thursday (May 30).

According to Sovereign's account in a video interview with Kare 11, she went to use a men's bathroom in the school. "It makes me very uncomfortable to be in the men's bathroom," she explained, adding, "I'd rather be uncomfortable than make other people uncomfortable by using the women's bathroom."

While Sovereign was attempting to use the bathroom, a male student looked over the stall and repeatedly called her a homophobic slur. Sovereign left the restroom and the student followed her out to where video surveillance captured the altercation.

"I was insulted and then eventually hit in the jaw."

Sovereign was soon rushed to the hospital where—in addition to receiving treatment for shattered teeth and multiple breaks in her jaw—she was finally able to use the bathroom.

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Lori Dee

I hope she gets a good lawyer and sues them into bankruptcy.
My Life is Based on a True Story

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training
  •