Mastodon Mastodon

Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

seeing new doctor in a week about HRT

Started by oatmilkzombie, June 20, 2024, 11:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oatmilkzombie

Hello, my name is Aria I also go by lain or oatmilkzombie online, I'm seeing a new doctor on the 27th to discuss my HRT, I have been on HRT for a year and a half (11/28/2022, I'm 20 years old currently) and am currently taking 2 mgs sublingually of estradiol twice a day (each pill is 2 mg) and a 100 mgs of spironolactone every day sublingually once a day, I'm thinking about asking to go on progesterone, getting blood work done and seeing about going on bica for my T blocker. Is there anything else I'm missing or should ask for from my doctor? thanks for any help

Lori Dee

Hello Aria,

I'm Lori Dee. Welcome to Susan's Place!

I see that you have just registered today and this is your first post. You have come to the right place for information, but I must caution you. No one here is permitted to give medical advice. We have not examined you and do not know your full medical history, so it would be unwise for any of us to do so. As you find information here, you will notice that we normally do not discuss specific dosages or medication protocols. It is ok to say, I am taking this or that, but please refrain from stating your dose. That prescription only applies to you.

We strive to make this a safe place to find information and to share your thoughts and comments. We all come from different backgrounds and represent a wide range of experiences. No matter who you may be, you are always welcome at Susan's Place.

We would like to get to know you. Once you feel comfortable here, please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum and introduce yourself and tell us something about you.

Please review the links at the end of this message, they include information that will help you navigate the site and use the available features. Pay particular attention to the links in red. When you reach 15 posts, you will be able to send and reply to private messages and you will also be able to add an avatar to your profile. Until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me at  LoriDee605@outlook.com

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!

~ Lori Dee

Helpful links to information that you should read

@Sarah B
@Northern Star Girl

My Life is Based on a True Story

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training

oatmilkzombie

thank you Lori for the kind words, again I'm new here and still learning to ecosystem of this site and all the rules so if I mess up I apologize. I'm used to getting yelled at if I get stuff wrong, I was and still kinda am a pretty active poster to the /lgbt/ board on 4Chan and already this site seems like a more friendly and older version of that board and this site is way more intuitive, I love the UI and the fact I still get to be relatively anon on here

Robbyv213

I guess all you can do is ask your doctor based on your experiences so far if you're still on track, and or if there are other options for you when it comes to medication. You never know the Dr might decide to switch something depending on something youre experiencing that is or could be a symptom of the current medication and or dose youre on. Worst that can happen is that they feel there's no need to change anything and then you'll have another waiting period before you see them again to tell them there is no change or you did have a change or different symptoms etc.

I'd assume that the new doctor may very well keep you on your current medications (obviously depending on your blood work), and if they do change anything I would imagine it will be a slow change vs stoping one thing and starting another cold turkey.

But all you can do is ask and be open and honest about it and hopefully your new doctor is experienced enough to know what path to take with you.

Lori Dee

Robby is right. The doctor can best advise you on what your options are. In my case, we found that oral tabs were not effective and caused too much fluctuation in my hormone levels. I was PMSing every day. We switched to patches and that smoothed things out so I wasn't on a daily roller coaster. However, after over four years of constantly adding more patches, my labs showed that my hormone levels never reached optimum levels. At my last appointment, we discussed this at length and decided to switch to injections once per week. I start those next week, so I have no idea if they will be better or not. Doctors tend to make injections a last resort due to the possibility of infection and other issues. There are quite a few ladies here who are on the injection route and have good results, so I am hopeful.

As Robby stated, be open and honest with your doctor. Don't downplay your symptoms, and don't exaggerate them either. They need to be able to gauge how you are responding to current and past meds and dosages.

Good luck!
My Life is Based on a True Story

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training