Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Dorley Hall

Started by oatmilkzombie, June 21, 2024, 02:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oatmilkzombie

If you've not read Dorley Hall yet it is an amazing read. Written by Alyson Greaves, it follows the story of a trans girl who accidentally finds herself in a forced feminization facility.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: oatmilkzombie on June 21, 2024, 02:08:01 AMIf you've not read Dorley Hall yet it is an amazing read. Written by Alyson Greaves, it follows the story of a trans girl who accidentally finds herself in a forced feminization facility.

That's a bit of a mischaracterization of the book, don't you think? Here are two writeups that I found:

QuoteA closeted trans girl attempts to infiltrate a secret underground forced feminisation programme, and the programme's graduates attempt to get on with life.

QuoteStefan works hard to get into the Royal College for one reason and one reason only: to find out exactly what happened to the women who live at Dorley Hall, and to get it to happen to him, too.

Hardly "accidentally finding herself in a forced feminization facility". Whatever that is...

At the end of the day, forced feminization is a kink fetish.  There's nothing wrong with that, but it has little to nothing to do with being transgender.

oatmilkzombie

if you've read it actually does follow trans women, the women going to that facility don't start out as trans women but some realize they are. it is a book series written by a trans woman critiquing malehood and toxic masculinity it is very much a transfeminist piece of text
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Anamorphose

Anamorphose

I've been reading it on AO3 for about a week now and it's amazing. Having previously read some forced fem kink literature it's very very different to that and significntly deeper. Like a critique of that genre while at the same time highlighting a lot of the mental hurdles that I've found myself facing. Almost as if it's a surrepticious manual to bust out of those typical self-destructive cycles I've found myself locked in. Needless to say I ordered a physical copy yesterday.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee