Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Individual realities

Started by KelliTGirl, February 23, 2006, 08:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KelliTGirl

Most of you know, I'm a member of the chat staff. Being in that position, I meet a lot of different people. I hear a lot of different stories from people that classify at different spots in the transgender spectrum; be it CD, TV, TS, etc.
   That said...I was talking to someone recently, relating my own story, and seriously thinking about where I classify. This past summer, I started hormones and then stopped a few months later. One reason for stopping was finances. But the big one, was me simply facing my own reality. My own reality being that I don't NEED hormones in order to feel human. I don't NEED SRS to feel human. What I'd like to talk about, is the middle ground, for me. Coming to find a balance that I'm comfortable living with.   
             My middle ground is that I live fairly androgynously and go out fully female sometimes. By androgynous, I mean that my everyday wardrobe consists of female clothes, and "unisex" looking clothing. Most of the jewelry I wear is unisex or female based.
   All of this realization and facing my own reality was important because I almost continued on hormones. My point is...that I don't hear too much of that story. That someone was on hormones, and realized that they're comfortable without hormones. I suppose I feel the need to bring that up because maybe, there will be another person out there who goes through the same struggle.
   As always, therapy is recommended...and that's WHY therapy is recommended. This next statement is based purely in MY experience... Looking back, me wanting to fully transition wasn't based solely in a need to be female. It was based on a desire to escape from myself.  Don't get me wrong, I feel I have a strong feminine side, but it doesn't overcome me to the point where I feel a need to fully transition.

So, what's your reality?

•  

Sarah Louise

Kelli, if your comfortable with yourself that is great.  We all strive to get to that point.

We are not all alike and that is why there is the umbrella term of TG.  It wouldn't be right for everyone to transitions, but after saying that, there are some of us who feel it is necessary to transition.

I for one was always uncomfortable with my body and the role I had to "play" most of my life.  Surgery for me is just fixing what I always considered to be a "birth defect".

Sarah L.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Andre

hey Kelli! Now I can tell u that was also struggling with such thoughts. Why do I need HRT,SRS..to be seen as a guy? For those that respect my feelings I'll be a guy...I have damaged liver..so better take care of my health for now...
I read somewhere..so nice told..."we're born as vine...we aspire heights...but yet we're soft(stem)..search closest fence...and environment can re-shape us"...then I was looking in other way..different..fence..endager somebody's luck..what would be if we evade fence and grow in mud..let people override us..but have pride..and not shield nobody's sun..I asked some friends that question..they said it's philosophy..and didn't give me the answer..grrr
ok. What I wanted to say but went off topic is that I would go in mud...wouldn't let others re-shape me...I know that it's against survival but would never steal somebody's  sun because the worst is when u stop to respect yourself.."never endanger other people"...:sigh: if only others would follow the same rules..so U don't need hormones to feel like woman..at least  after talking to someone for 15 minutes..I can create an image of that person and don't care what is his/her bio gender..attitude is important 

Andre
  •  

KelliTGirl

Quote from: Andre on February 23, 2006, 09:29:17 AM
...:sigh: if only others would follow the same rules..so U don't need hormones to feel like woman..at least  after talking to someone for 15 minutes..I can create an image of that person and don't care what is his/her bio gender..attitude is important 

Andre

You hit the nail on the head Attitude is more important that we(I) realize at any given moment.
  •  

Andre

@Kelli

Sorry was carried away by..thoughts...
- day u know :eusa_wall:
  •  

Northern Jane

That's neat Kelli! It is good to know where you "fit" and to be comfortable with that. If everyone respected each others "right" to just be themselves, it would be a much better world.

If you ever need the view from the extreme end of the spectrum, give me a call.  ::)
  •  

Sheila

Kelli, you are right, we need to be ourselves and not someone else. I have transitioned and I love who I am and who I have become. I'm not into glamour or real fem. things, in fact I like to dress in jeans and t-shirt or a top of some sort, maybe a little on the fem. side. I do my nails and wear make up, but not much. I like who I have become. An average woman.
Sheila
  •  

Jillieann Rose

Hi Kelli,
I'm happy that you have
QuoteComing to find a balance that I'm comfortable living with.
That is what I am looking for. I'm no sure if I'll ever need hormones either and I'm not even considering SRS.
I'm struggling to find that balance too.
This is a great topic that I have seen very little about.
Thanks for sharing.
:)
Jillieann
  •  

Sara

Hi Kelli, I have the problem where my body simply has rejected T for all of my life. I told this to many Doctors over the years but they just laughed at me and said I was normal. Finally this became a reality to Doctors after 5 years on hormones when I got ill and had to stop taking the meds for three months. My level of T jumped so high it nearly killed me mentally and physically. I am working on the self image thing being truly happy who I am, on mones or not and struggle everyday with this TG thing.

That said, I am happy for you that you have found the right balance and I can only hope to find the same inner peace sometime soon I hope.

Sara.
  •  

HelenW

Balance.

Self-acceptance.

I thought I was there, I thought I had it, until I realized I needed more than the just the clothes.

I find now that the clothing part was a means to feel how I thought I should and now, now that I'm allowing myself to act and espress myself more naturally (more femininely), I find that wearing the clothes is no longer as important.

Maybe I'll end up somewhere in-between.  That's what it looks like right now.  But I still think that hrt, getting rid of the tyranny of testosterone, is something I want to do.  At least to try.

helen
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

Kimberly

Balance and self-acceptance tends to be a fluid thing... until you finally land and find your honest self.  Sometimes that is a hard thing to do, to be sure.

I thought I had found that balance 10 years ago.

I think I have found that balance now.

Have I?

I'll tell you in 10 years. *wink*

But yes, attitude is what makes you happy, or not. Rather important that.

P.s. Helen, given that you describe it as "tyranny of testosterone" it might be worthwhile to take special note when and if you block the stuff, especially if you are unfortunate enough to find it necessary to go from blocked to unblocked a time or two. In my personal experience I found it wasn't a tyranny it was an outright war. Not surprising I suppose is that I consider my T-blocker the most valued of the medications I take.
  •  

Dennis

I'm just a guy. Boring (and irritating) as it may be.

If surgery were to make me indistinguishable from a bio guy, I'd be there. It isn't so it's a debate for me. Otherwise, all steps possible, I take.

Dennis
  •