Started by red, October 13, 2009, 05:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

HI

I wanted to ask if any of you have heard of these good children's movies:

1) The Hugga Bunch
2) Raggedy Ann and Andy's Musical Adventure
3) Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer

I'm interested in meeting others who have grown up with these movies.  These were my most favorites as a child, but the t.v. shows I liked was:

1) Thundercats
2) He-man and She-ra
3) Today's Special
4) Smurfs

and the list goes on  :) 

Does anyone like Bill Cosby and Eddie Murphy's stand up comedies? They are so funny. As far as the horror films, I like anything gory.  I used to wanted to be a makeup artist for a local theatre but due to health problems I couldn't finish.

There are way too many horror films that I like to name.

BUT - what genre of movies do you like to watch?

•  

Miniar

thunder.. Thunder... ThundeR... THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOOO!

XD

Yep, I'm all into horror movies too, but I'm not in it for the gore, I'm in it for the psycological aspects. If the horror manages to get my heart pumping and my nerves tingling, then I'm happy.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Lachlann

The Hugga Bunch were awesome. Same with He-Man and She-Ra.

I'm not so big into comedy, but I do like Horror Comedies like the Evil Dead series.

Almost forgot, I like medieval movies.
Don't be scared to fly alone, find a path that is your own
Love will open every door it's in your hands, the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers will unfold
What are you waiting for, spread your wings and soar
  •  

Janet_Girl

I remember Thundercats.  ;D  And the Smufts.  Not because of myself but I had littles around in those days, and we would watch together.  Also the Transformers.  When I was a child, we had the Howdy Doody Show and Bozo the Clown.

Movie wise, Sci Fi are my favorites.  But I also really enjoy Horror movies, especially the Gory ones.  Like Saw, Micheal Moore, Freddie.  Jason was a little too out there for me.  I also enjoy the psychological thrillers.  Silence of the Lambs, The Bone Collector, Skeleton Key are all good.

But my GF does not like those kinds of movies, so I don't get to see them very often.

Janet
  •  

red

Quote from: Tristan H. on October 13, 2009, 05:51:48 PM

I'm not so big into comedy, but I do like Horror Comedies like the Evil Dead series.

OH YES Evil Dead was the best!  I think Bruce Campbell did a great job acting.

Post Merge: October 13, 2009, 06:01:41 PM

Quote from: Janet Lynn on October 13, 2009, 05:53:35 PM
I remember Thundercats.  ;D  And the Smufts.  Not because of myself but I had littles around in those days, and we would watch together.  Also the Transformers.  When I was a child, we had the Howdy Doody Show and Bozo the Clown.

Movie wise, Sci Fi are my favorites.  But I also really enjoy Horror movies, especially the Gory ones.  Like Saw, Micheal Moore, Freddie.  Jason was a little too out there for me.  I also enjoy the psychological thrillers.  Silence of the Lambs, The Bone Collector, Skeleton Key are all good.

But my GF does not like those kinds of movies, so I don't get to see them very often.

Janet

Yeah I like psychological  scary movies as well as gory ones.  Lately at blockbuster there have been low budget movies and I rent them and they're not really good and I felt like I wasted money.
One psychological scary movie was called "Breaking Dawn".  Anyone seen that?  It's good, it keeps you guessing :-)

Post Merge: October 13, 2009, 07:51:33 PM

Quote from: Tristan H. on October 13, 2009, 05:51:48 PM

WOW you remember the Hugga Bunch?!  That's awesome.  I have the movie on DVD and I've collected all the Hugga dolls, but not all of the hugg-lets.  I used to have a website dedicated to Hugga Bunch, Care Bears, Rainbow Brite and Puff the Magic Dragon (music you can listen to).
  •