BBC Science, Brain Gender Test

Started by maragirlygirr, December 09, 2007, 08:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emmi/andy

I scored female, but only a little bit.
  •  

lady amarant

Female... kinda not surprised.

Begs the question though - those aptitude test thingees in primary school (we had bunches of them in South Africa, anyways...) could theoretically be early indicators of brain sex... perhaps we don't have to all stumble around alone in the dark... maybe they can devise a test... make a pill... cure us all... it's the Western way!

Seriously though, it would have been nice for one of the guidance teachers way back when to tell me it was okay that my brain worked like a girl's. Instead I tried really hard to become a Vulcan from there on out.
  •  

IsabelleStPierre

Hum...scored female...go figure? Like I didn't know that already??
  •  

Lyric

According to this one I'm a solid chic.
I usually come out 50-50 or 40-60 on the tests with more questions.
It's always fun to do these things, though.
--Lyric
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

Enigma

All it proves is whether you have more abstract or more relational thinking.  I'm quite sure a female engineer, etc would score the same as most males and be quite offended to be told her brain was male.
  •  

Princess Katrina

Quote from: Pica Pica on December 10, 2007, 07:01:54 PM
I can't pick pennies off a table, I have to slide them off the side into my waiting hands.

I can, but I've got very long fingernails. >.>

I scored equally male and female, which didn't surprise me. I scored the same on a similar test in elementary school (also scored perfectly balanced between left and right brain dominance).
  •  

Sandy

I scored female as well... What a surprise!

If we took all these gender tests and put them together, maybe we wouldn't have to do the Harry Benjamin thing... Nah!

But think of the time and discomfort it could save if there *was* an objective test we could take...

"Mrs Smith, I'm afraid that your Son/Daughter is really a female/male.  They need immediate GRS to save their sanity otherwise they could spend their entire life in a relentless search for internal comfort and peace."

"Thank you Doctor!  Of course we must do everything we can to save little Tommy's/Sandy's life!  How soon can you perform the change"

"Right now."

If only *that* dream could come true...

As close as I am to my change, it wouldn't do anything for me to have the advantage of such an idylic life, but if some poor soul *could* ever benifit from this, it would be WONDERFUL!

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •