Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Which would you rather be - beautiful or adorable? And why?

Started by Nero, January 16, 2008, 08:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Steph

Well since I'm already adorable, I guess it will have to beautiful :) .

Like ir not, good, bad or otherwise, the beautiful people seem to get the goods.  Yes I know it's pretty superficial and those adorable folks often get left behind.  Look at Paris Hilton, and her pal Nichole - come out smelling like a rose every time...

Do I really believe that?

Steph 
  •  

Terra

Beautiful, i'd rather been seen as serious and beutiful then cute and adorable.

But I don't want the superficial beautiful alone, I want to be beautiful in every sense of the word. :D
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

RebeccaFog

I'd prefer to be adorable.  My other half is adorable and I find something subversive about it.   :laugh:
  •  

Pica Pica

adorable,
beautiful is something that is distancing, and I am distanced enough as it is.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Pica Pica on January 16, 2008, 07:37:45 PM
adorable,
beautiful is something that is distancing, and I am distanced enough as it is.

Distancing? I think I agree having had the misfortune of it myself. (I must admit to not looking like Jackie Gleason) But would like some elaboration on that.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Pica Pica

People find it hard to talk to beautiful people because they want to look at them, beautiful people are so hard to involve in stuff in case it makes them less distancing.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Pica Pica on January 16, 2008, 07:48:09 PM
People find it hard to talk to beautiful people because they want to look at them, beautiful people are so hard to involve in stuff in case it makes them less distancing.

true. Beauty is power but it detracts from your personality (especially when you're not really a woman).
So yes, I agree with you. Surprised actually.

Posted on: January 16, 2008, 08:52:18 PM
Really relieved in a way that I'm not beautiful now. Too much belly.
  •  

Rachael

Beautiful pls... i have a lovely personality as it is, i just need to make people come and find it out :)
R :police:
  •  

Jordan

As a guy I was always told I was cute, and I hated it. Maybe it was polite way of saying not my type. So cause of that I strive to be a beautiful woman, I dont think its working so well though.
  •  

Debbie_Anne

Tough choice...beautiful has it's advantages, but I think adorable would be less threatening.  There is something about beautiful people that many people find intimidating, as in "A beautiful woman like that wouldn't ever talk to me".  I'd even settle for cute.  ;)
  •  

Audrey

Beautiful.
And I hope that people still see my personality.  At first I thought that you (NERO) meant that if your beautiful then you don't have personality.  I think that I understand now.  I'm feeling kind of out of it cause I missed my morning latte.  So I had to make one even though it is late.  addiction sucks.  ^-^
Audrey
  •  

Rachael

i think its possible to be both... adorable, and beautiful. One must be beautiful to be adorable, but adorable = aproachable, where as beautiful can be cold or warm...
beauty is a physical state
adorable is a social state.

the two cant be either or, they can work together or against eachother.
R :police:
  •  

Shana A

Neither. I'd rather be considered thoughtful, intelligent, compassionate, loving....

Beautiful is often superficial, or gets in the way of people seeing past it to the person inside.

Adorable sounds like something you'd say about a child or pet.

y2g
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Laura91

I would rather be adorable, it suits my personality better.
  •