Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

the system is hella slow so I'm gonna sign off for tonite

Started by Christo, February 01, 2008, 01:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christo

•  

Susan

Rapid web crawlers usually spambots. They crawl 10 or more pages a second and when you have a script heavy site it can bog it down.

Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

tinkerbell

LOL.  Ooh Chris is mad.  Very unlikely  ;D ;)

This is why you have to switch to DSL.  What kind of internet connection do you have? retardedsnail.dot.net?  >:D

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Susan

Also last night was the 1st so the system was doing a ton of maintance. Including a full server backup which takes forever and lags things out.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

tinkerbell

Ahh that must have been the case.  My internet connection is always perfect unless you are doing some maintenance work, then I get a message saying that you are doing just that.  :)

•  

debbie.j

Quote from: Susan on February 01, 2008, 09:39:28 PM
Also last night was the 1st so the system was doing a ton of maintance. Including a full server backup which takes forever and lags things out.

ahh that will do it even if it is  a php site. and the same goes for php nuked. i have seen it before . but php

nuked withcenital  dont seam to be as bad as the regualer php or php nuked sites. and yes when they do

the server back ups it takes a while .  ::)
  •  

Christo

Quote from: Susan on February 01, 2008, 09:39:28 PM

Its cool today.  thanx Susan :) :) :)

Quote from: Tink on February 01, 2008, 09:35:29 PM
LOL.  Ooh Chris is mad.  Very unlikely  ;D ;)

This is why you have to switch to DSL.  What kind of internet connection do you have? retardedsnail.dot.net?  >:D

lmao :laugh: I aint mad.  it was takin me 20 min to post :laugh: yep I gotta change to dsl but I got a contract with this server. 4 more months to go :laugh:
  •  

Laura91

Quote from: Tink on February 01, 2008, 09:35:29 PM
retardedsnail.dot.net?  >:D

:D thats what I had a while back, God, it was lousy. I wanted to stomp on that friggin' snail.  :D
  •  

NicholeW.

•  

tinkerbell

LOL  ;D  That's a good one Nichole.  And incidentally Chris, I was just teasing you!  :P  Four months to go?  Well, you won't need to wait that long, will you?  ;)

•  

Natasha

your princess doesn't want you furious chris >:D ha ha ha ha
  •  

Christo

•  

tinkerbell

•  

NicholeW.

There are more shamans and witches than you think, hon. :laugh:

N~
  •  

debbie.j

Quote from: Nichole W. on February 03, 2008, 11:12:30 PM
There are more shamans and witches than you think, hon. :laugh:

N~

as well as white liters and a few others ;)
  •