Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Confused!

Started by datachild, April 07, 2006, 07:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

datachild

I am totally confused on what to do. I have a wife, and child (like...baby), and I am just not happy as my sex. I had told this to my wife before she ever married me, when we were like first dating and such. She said she would help me come over this. I have not come over it, just "dealt" with it. Now, I really do not want to have this anatomical structure anymore, but I still want to live with my wife and daughter because I love them. Yet, I am afraid it will all be over and they will be stripped out of my life. Do I just continue to be depressed everyday for the rest of my life having to wake up in this "shell", or do I come out, I am so scared and confused...
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hello Datachild.

Based on the limited amount of information that you have provided there is not much that we can advise you on at this point other than there is a very good chance that you will indeed loose your family if you mean that you wish to transition.  But before even considering that you would be advised to seek a therapist to discuss these feelings that you have.

In the mean time why don't you head over to the Introductions forum and introduce yourself to the group to give us a better idea who you are :)

Steph
  •  

Melissa

Hello Datachild.  In response to that last question, only you can answer it and you probably already know the answer deep in your heart.  It's good that you mentioned it to your wife before getting together.  You planted a seed.  I did the same thing with my wife.  When I came out to my wife, that seed really helped out because she knew this wasn't a sudden feeling.  We are still together.  However, whether you and your wife stay together depends on the kind of person she is, what kind of relationship you to have and how you come out.  Take a look around the forum for information related to coming out.  Regarding your last question again, I personally could not go with the first option, so I dived right into the second.

Melissa
  •