Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

School Launches Gay-Straight Club

Started by Natasha, February 18, 2008, 02:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natasha

School Launches Gay-Straight Club

http://www.theledger.com/article/20080218/NEWS/802180350/1004
02/18/2008

DELAND | One boy whose hair reaches halfway down his back wore a camouflage tank top, light blue nail polish, blue eye shadow and a thick silver chain around his neck.

•  

Chaunte

We do a student in-service day at the high school where I teach.  We are hoping to bring in a guest speaker to talk about a) being gay and b) living with HIV.  My principal thought it would be a great prequil to my transition next September.

I have had a student come out to me this year.  As a result, I have been pushing to start a gay-straight alliance where I teach.  With a bit of luck,I am hoping to have our guest speaker address these kids as well in a break out session.

Chaunte
  •  

lady amarant

Wow, this sort of thing does make one hope that the world is maybe changing, bit by bit.

And Chaunte: Good on ya! You're the kind of teacher I could really have done with when I was at school. Thanks for being there for your kids.
  •