Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Transgender San Francisco

Started by tinkerbell, February 11, 2008, 09:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinkerbell

Group for transgender persons, cross-dressers, transsexuals, and their partners. Has referrals database of trans-friendly providers. Although many people in the intersex community believe that transgender is an entirely separate category from intersex, TGSF provides community, support, and education for transgender persons and their partners, and explicitly include intersexed people in their organization. Monthly meetings last Thursday of month in San Francisco, CA, and occasional educational programs on Wednesday evenings.
Hours: 24-hr announcement/message. 7-10PM Mon-Fri to speak to a volunteer
(415) 564-3246
http://www.tgsf.org

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

StephenC

Thanks so much for posting about this, Tink.  I'm not sure what's going on two weeks from now but I'll try to make it.
Stephen/Stella
  •  

tekla

They are very nice, and its a good place to start.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

curiosity

Hey, Tink, or anyone else,

I was wondering if you know about the age range for TGSF, generally speaking.

I'm 22 and at the very beginnings of my TG exploration (MtF crossdresser), so I'm actively looking to meet people with similar interests.  I was browsing the TGSF site and can't really find any information about the members other than a few pictures, where it seems like everyone is late 30s and older.  Although it is a social outlet I'm looking for, I don't see myself really connecting with a group where everyone is double my age.  Any information you have at all would be extremely appreciated!  Or, if you know of anything else in SF...

Thanks so much!
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: curiosity on March 13, 2008, 05:58:20 PM

Any age group is very welcome (I have seen people from all ages and walks of life).  They are all extremely nice and very helpful.  If you can, attend.  You won't regret it. :)

•  

StephenC

Quote from: curiosity on March 13, 2008, 05:58:20 PM

I'm 22 and at the very beginnings of my TG exploration (MtF crossdresser), so I'm actively looking to meet people with similar interests.  I was browsing the TGSF site and can't really find any information about the members other than a few pictures, where it seems like everyone is late 30s and older.  Although it is a social outlet I'm looking for, I don't see myself really connecting with a group where everyone is double my age.  Any information you have at all would be extremely appreciated!  Or, if you know of anything else in SF...

Thanks so much!

Hey!  I'm 22 as well.  If you think it'd make you feel better, I'd love to meet up with you whenever, or you can just say hi to me at the meeting.  I live in Santa Cruz and I'm just starting out, too, though I don't cross-dress that much.  Otherwise, I hope to see you at TGSF.
  •  

curiosity

Hey Stella,

I apologize, I've been very busy the past two weeks.  I'm hoping to attend the TGSF social this coming thursday.  You're still planning on going?  It doesn't look like we'll be able to meet up before, but I'm sure we will find each other there.  I can't send private messages yet, so lets keep in touch through here.

And thanks Tink for posting so many great links and being full of wonderful and useful information :)
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: curiosity on March 22, 2008, 04:30:35 PM
And thanks Tink for posting so many great links and being full of wonderful and useful information :)

Awww that's so sweet of you to say.  You are very welcome!  :)

•