Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Calling all lovers of Anime and Manga!

Started by lady amarant, February 29, 2008, 08:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lady amarant

Okay, for NO other reason than that I'm curious and I'm looking for one or two new shows to try out, what are your favourite anime series and/or manga?

Mine:
Ghost in the Shell (SAC - not the movies so much, haven't read the manga)
Hellsing (Manga, series, OVA's - GREAT show)
Elfin Lied (Manga is great, sadly the series had so much potential, only to die a 13-episode death...)
Witch Hunter Robin
  •  

Sarah

Ghost in the shell SAC,
Noir

For Anime Series.

Love Hina, for manga

Sara

•  

dawn

Not a big anime or manga fan. I love Air. Lucky star is pretty good, but i dont know why, nothing happens :S Spiral is an awesome manga imho.
  •  

Hazumu

Haibane Renmei -- have tissues handy for the last two or three episodes.

Angelic Layer -- last episode is also a tear-jerker.

Noir -- Chicks With Guns, but done well. Also, a bit 'yuri'.

Azumanga Daioh -- High School classmates (girls) just living. I shoulda' known something was up when I found myself strongly identifying with Sakaki.

Kashimashi -- Hazumu is changed from a boy to a girl by space aliens whose ship accidentally crash-lands on him...

Kiki's Delivery Service -- a 13 year old witch must travel to a town without a witch, set up a business using her magic, and live for a year in order to remain a witch.  The story arc is a lot like transition...

Ranma 1/2 -- THE gender-bender grand-daddy.  Ranma got dunked in a cursed pool where a beautiful princess drowned 1,500 years ago.  Now when Ranma is splashed with cold water he becomes she -- the effect is reversed when she gets splashed with hot water...  I always thought that if that were me I'd swear off hot water for life...

Karen
  •  

Annwyn

Manga: eerie queerie, lament of the lamb, tarot cafe, gravitation, Gacha Gacha!, Chobits, Mars, Ranma 1 1/2 and too many more to list.

Anime: My Hime, Outlaw Star, DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, Gantz, Strawberry Eggs!, Azumanga Diaoh, Lucky Star, Tenchi Muyo, Gilgamesh, Chrono Crusade, Wolfs Rain, Gundam, Zoids, Burst Angel!, Nanaka 6/17, Samurai Seven, Samurai Jack, Samurai Champloo, Street Fighter 2, Yu Yu Hakasho, UFO ultramaiden vlakarie, Tenhou Tenge, Read or Die, Seiyuki Reload,that's only about a tenth of all the anime I've seenand liked, and only about 1/3 of all the anime I've seen total.  Did I mention, that I like anime?  LOL.
  •  

soldierjane

My favs that I can think of right now are:

Serial Experiments: Lain
Card Captor Sakura
The Vision of Escaflowne
The Rose of Versailles
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
Paranoia Agent
Azumanga Daioh
Patlabor

When I was little I wanted to be like her :P

Posted on: March 01, 2008, 01:42:13 PM
Quote from: Karen on March 01, 2008, 12:39:24 PM

Azumanga Daioh -- High School classmates (girls) just living. I shoulda' known something was up when I found myself strongly identifying with Sakaki.

Sakaki saaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! ;)

Being a big bonkura myself I mostly identified with Tomo or Osaka :P
  •